|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||10/20/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/3/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Click here to apply:
Nursing Coordinator II, 2577
This position is located at Griffin Memorial Hospital in Norman, Oklahoma.
About the Position:
Responsible for assisting in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the psychiatric nursing needs of the consumers served at Griffin Memorial Hospital. The Nursing Coordinator has 24-hour, seven-days/week responsibility for a specific component of the nursing department. Supervises Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Consumer Recovery Specialists, and Mental Health Technicians to ensure coverage and quality, consumer care.
• Announcement opens October 20, 2021 and closes on November 3, 2021.
• This is an unclassified, full-time, shift-position. Shifts are 8 hours in duration.
• Annual Salary is $62,600+ annually.
• Schedule is 2:30PM – 11PM (5 days a week) OR 9PM – 7AM (4 days a week)
• The FLSA Status is Exempt for this Position.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
Possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license to practice Registered Nursing as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing. A Master’s Degree and three (3) years of professional nursing experience, one of which must have been in a supervisory capacity;
Bachelor’s Degree and four (4) years of professional nursing experience, one of which must have been in a supervisory capacity;
Five (5) years of professional nursing experience, one which must have been in an administrative, managerial, or supervisor capacity.
• Upon a conditional offer of employment, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services applicants must submit to a physical examination and shall meet the physical examination requirements of occasionally lifting/carrying 50 pounds and able to push and pull a maximum force of 25 pounds.
• Willing to fulfill any job-related travel normally associated with position, e.g., attend training etc. Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Great Reasons to Work for Us:
ODMHSAS is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to support our employees and their dependents.
Our benefits include:
• Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums
• A wide choice of health insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations
• Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses or dependent care
• Employee assistance programs and health and fitness programs
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
• Student Loan repayment options
• Training opportunities for CEU requirements
Griffin Memorial Hospital (GMH) is located in Norman, Oklahoma, and serves all 77 counties in Oklahoma as the Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) treatment center for adults. GMH provides community crisis stabilization and residential treatment for substance abuse and co-occurring mental health and trauma related conditions.
Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment and Pre-Placement Testing:
Upon a conditional offer of employment, applicants for safety sensitive positions shall be required to submit to urinalysis to test for drugs. Appointment to a safety sensitive position shall be contingent upon a negative drug test result.
THIS AGENCY REQUIRES COVERAGE 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS PER WEEK. WORK HOURS AND LOCATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON BUSINESS NECESSITY. EMPLOYEES MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK WEEKENDS AND OVERTIME.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.