|Department||State Bureau of Investigation|
|Date Opened||10/20/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/3/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,372.87 year/Shift differential and overtime not included in base salary.|
|Full or Part Time||
This position is located in the Investigative Services Division at OSBI Headquarters in Oklahoma City, OK.
ANNUAL SALARY: $36,372.87 (not including shift differential and overtime pay)
MAJOR WORK DUTIES:
1. 24/7 Watch Desk for the OK State Bureau of Investigation and the Oklahoma Information Fusion Center (OIFC) – monitor, assess, and manage requests for information and assistance received by telephone, email, tip lines, and the secure US Dept. of Homeland Security portal.
2. Document Watch Desk activity for OSBI, OIFC, in the appropriate record management system and make all necessary notifications to OSBI and Fusion Center personnel.
3. Utilize an OLETS computer terminal and numerous other investigative resources to conduct and respond to inquiries on criminal history, backgrounds, vehicle registrations, wanted/missing/stolen information and other investigative support requests.
4. Perform security and safety functions for OSBI properties – security cameras, building and gate access, and alarm systems.
5. Provide support for the OSBI SDA Unit and other clerical duties on an as needed basis.
Successful applicants must be willing to submit to a drug screen, polygraph examination, psychological evaluation (commissioned positions only), and a thorough background investigation. Certain events automatically disqualify an applicant, such as, felony conviction; admission of an undetected crime that, if known, would have been a felony charge; failure to pay federal or state income tax; positive confirmed drug urine test; illegal use of a controlled substance within certain time frames.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT OR FORMER PERMANENT, CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the operation of communication equipment in a law enforcement communication center and in providing information to law enforcement officials, other agencies and the general public.
The essential functions in this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
Level I :
Knowledge of Federal Communications Commission rules and regulations concerning radio communications; of OLETS, NLETS, and NCIC operating manuals; of state and federal laws concerning use of criminal records; of agency communications policies and procedures; of office practices and procedures; and of spelling, punctuation and grammar. Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; to operate radio and telecommunications equipment; to maintain effective working relationships with others; to maintain operating efficiency under emergency and stressful conditions; to follow complex written instructions; and to type accurately from plain copy at the rate of twenty-five words per minute.
The Law Enforcement Communications Specialist job family has two levels which are distinguished based on the type and complexity of work, expertise required to perform assigned duties and the responsibility for the supervision of others.
This is the career level of this job family where incumbents are assigned responsibilities at the full performance level, performing highly responsible work in the operation of communication equipment in a law enforcement communication center. Incumbents at this level may be assigned highly independent work as the only operator on an assigned shift.
Education and Experience required at this level consists of six months of experience as a communications dispatcher; an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting fifteen semester hours of college for the required experience.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Scores based on: 100% Written Test
*All applicants must also pass a typing test.
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.