|Department||State Bureau of Investigation|
|Date Opened||10/20/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/3/2021 4:00:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
This vacancy is located in the Procurement and Facilities Unit (Support Services Division) at OSBI Headquarters in Oklahoma City, OK.
ANNUAL SALARY: $50,860.38
MAJOR WORK DUTIES:
1. Coordinate daily purchasing activities as requested for multiple divisions of the OSBI.
2. Process simple purchases by determining the best method and vendor for the procurement process.
3. Work with OSBI divisions and make recommendations regarding bidding practices, assist with preparation of complex bids and write and/or edit bid specifications as required. Aide, assist and review end-user bid specifications with OMES for purchases over agency authority limit.
4. Aides, assists and reviews bid solicitations for determining the lowest and best responsive bidder for contract award.
5. Responsible for contract administration for the divisions of the OSBI, including tracking expiration dates of annual contracts.
Successful applicants must be willing to submit to a drug screen, polygraph examination, psychological evaluation (commissioned positions only), and a thorough background investigation. Certain events automatically disqualify an applicant, such as, felony conviction; admission of an undetected crime that, if known, would have been a felony charge; failure to pay federal or state income tax; positive confirmed drug urine test; illegal use of a controlled substance within certain time frames.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the acquisition of goods and services for an institution or agency.
The Contracting and Acquisitions Agent job family consists of four levels which are distinguished by the level of complexity of specific job assignments, the extent of responsibility assigned for a specific task, the level of expertise required for the completion of assigned tasks, and the responsibility assigned for the supervision of others.
This is the specialist level of this job family where employees are assigned independent responsibilities involving the acquisition of goods and services for an institution or agency. This may include responsibility for completing all related actions concerning competitive bidding or negotiation; for evaluation of proposals; for analyses of products; for disapproval or termination of contracts; and for insuring compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements concerning contracting and purchasing.
Requirements at this level consist of three years technical clerical work plus two (2) years of qualifying contracting and purchasing experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting 30 semester hours for each required year of technical clerical work plus two (2) years of qualifying contracting and purchasing experience.
There is no substitution allowed for the two (2) years of qualifying contracting and purchasing experience.
Experience should include the following procedures: sending out invitations to bid and making telephone bids, evaluating bids or telephone price quotes, awarding contracts and/or issuing purchase orders, working with users and understanding their needs and requirements and assuming the responsibility for the correct evaluation and determination of bids and proposals.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.