The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time .NET Developer for the Information Services Division. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $100,000.00 based on education and experience. This position is eligible to be a remote position.
As an Application Developer you will be responsible for helping improve the performance, integrity and security of our application and database. Additionally, you will be involved in installing, configuring, optimizing and maintaining our systems. You will have the opportunity to work with a small but passionate team on applications used by some of the largest agencies in the state. The majority of our team works from home, so the position is open to any Oklahoma-based developer.
• Building and enhancing the functionality of Microsoft-based applications.
• Supporting operations including installing, configuring optimizing and maintaining our application servers, database servers and other critical systems.
• Helping establish and maintain application security, recovery and operational procedures.
• Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users.
• Helping automate and improve development workflow.
• Installing and testing new versions of system dependencies.
• Helping to establish and maintain technical standards and documentation.
• Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure system integrity and security.
• Review and analyze organization’s business needs, confer with users to evaluate requirements, discuss solutions, and develop plans of approach, including project completion time estimates
• Perform all aspects of systems design, including writing required programs, testing time evaluation of new processes, and implementation of new applications
• Conduct or coordinate user acceptance, performance stress, regression and integration testing, and make changes and corrections as needed
• Identify problems and develop appropriate solutions
• Experience working in an Agile development environment, planning and participating in sprints
• Produce deliverables related to the assigned projects, perform analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of systems and procedures to solve complex business problems
• Prepare program documentation to support new or enhanced systems and applications
• Participate in structured walk-throughs and other activities to review systems, and provide training and support
• Perform ongoing maintenance and review of applications systems and programs
• Study feasibility of proposed software applications or system modifications by identifying potential requirements and system restrictions to guide project development.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the work day. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.