|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||10/18/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking two temporary Immunization IIS Interns providing support to Immunization Services. These are unclassified positions (PIN#34003900 & 34003653) in state government, located in Oklahoma City. The hourly salary for this position is based on education and experience. Position Summary: Position Responsibilities: Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The purpose of this position is to ensure that the Oklahoma State Department of Health can provide technical assistance and support to internal users and end users of the Oklahoma State Immunization Information System (OSIIS).
- Provide administrative, customer, and computer support for OSIIS.
- Assist providers with OSIIS issues and password resets, process OSIIS Authorized Site Agreement requests, set up provider accounts, and maintain the accuracy of Vaccines for Children (VFC) and OSIIS files.
- Identify duplicate records within OSIIS and assist with merging and deleting records.
- Answer incoming calls to the IIS Call Center.
- Provide Immunization Records upon request and receipt of appropriate documentation.
- Utilize IIS standards and best practices to implement new functionality and improve existing functionality.
- Provide assistance on projects within the Immunization Service area.
- Encourage participation in use of the IIS system.
- Train providers in the use of the IIS, including reporting capabilities and functionality of the system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of office methods and procedures; and of grammar, punctuation, spelling, telephone procedures; and of standard business communications.
- Skills: Skilled in communicating the role of public health within the health system and community to diverse audiences for establishing effective working relationships; communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences in both written and verbal methods; to plan, organize, and prioritize time and workload to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines. Skill is required to operate office machines including computers/PCs.
- Abilities: Plan, organize, and prioritize projects, time, and workload assignments; provide technical assistance to system users and community partners; interpret and handle routine matters in accordance with agency policy; follow oral and written instruction; and maintain complex records.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a high school diploma.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|