|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||10/18/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/1/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time Program Manager for the Information Services Division. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive [click here]. The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
Our Program Managers blend business and technical skills, assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate issues and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs with the technical constraints. The successful candidate will rely heavily on influence over authority to drive project deliverables.
• Plan, organize and direct all operations and activities of the management information services data program.
• Management of end-to-end program delivery including marketing, training, documentation, and mediating expectations of users and stakeholders
• Understand the key value drivers for your program and show progress against success metrics to ensure program is delivering value as expected
• Measure program and operational KPIs, such as user engagement metrics, and supply regular updates to stakeholders and users
• Detailed business process optimization and design
• Invent new ways to define and measure program effectiveness and organizational productivity
• Root cause analysis and presentation of recommendations
• Acting as the SME for multiple functional areas and delivering training in these areas
• Demonstrated ability to understand and deep-dive into Risk Management and Program governance
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels, including senior leadership
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
• Independent thinker capable of operating within ambiguously defined structures with a bias for delivering tangible results
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Able to navigate ambiguous situations, identify and solve for blockers with minimal guidance, know how to influence, build cross-organizational partnerships
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the work day. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Requirements include seven years of experience in an information technology field, four years of which must be in a supervisory, team lead, or program management capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting 12 semester hours in computer science or management information systems course work for each year of the required experience excluding the required supervisory, lead, and/or program management experience.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess
• Lean/Six Sigma practical experience
• Experience utilizing Scrum and the Agile Framework
• Experience delivering either client-facing analytic tools and applications, or internal products distributed to large groups of colleagues
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.