|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||10/15/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/25/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Please E-mail or Fax a Resume to:
Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs
Talihina Veterans Center/HR Office
Attn: Tracy Messineo
Fax: 918-567-3825, Main Phone Number: 918-567-2251
Address: 10014 SE 1138th Ave
Talihina, OK 74571
Programs Administrator Dietary
Talihina Veteran's Center
This position is assigned responsibilities involving planning, coordination and direction of the operation of a food service department in an Oklahoma Veterans Center. This involves planning and coordinating the preparation, cooking and serving of food, coordinating and reviewing projected menu plans with nutrition therapists, including nutritional assessments and care plans, and requisitioning food, supplies and equipment. Supervision or management of employees performing duties in the department.
The functions will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Plan, coordinate or direct purchasing, food planning, preparation and serving, inventory, cleaning and maintenance of sanitary standards in the preparation areas, kitchen, serving and dining areas of the department.
• Prepare work schedules for employees.
• Review menus and makes changes; plan menus and prepare projected menu plans; interpret recipes, modified diet plans and proper portion control in accordance with approved policy.
• Conduct staff meetings; attend staffing conferences and make recommendations concerning operations.
• Maintain necessary records and prepare required reports.
• Analyze food costs; assist with departmental budget issues.
• Prepare or recommend quarterly food requisitions, supervising the receipt, inspection, storage and use of supplies, and ensuring adherence to accreditation standards for food service operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of requisition and inventory records; food service organization and operation; food preparation and modified diets; safety hazards and precautions; proper sanitation methods; food storage methods; menu planning and recipe interpretation; standard cooking weights and measures; and the principles of training. Ability is required to interpret and prepare special dietary menus and menu instructions; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; give and follow oral and written instructions; organize and supervise the work of others plus additional knowledge of managerial principles and practices.
Education and Experience
An associate’s degree in culinary arts, food management or a similar field plus two years of experience in a supervisory capacity in a commercial or institutional food service environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting two years of qualifying experience for required education.
NOTE: There is no substitution allowed for the required two years of supervisory experience.
As an employer of the State of Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs is able to offer the following:
• Benefit allowance to off-set insurance costs
• Flexible spending
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days paid vacation
• 15 days paid sick leave
• Retirement savings plan with generous company match
• Longevity bonus for years of service
• Tuition assistance
• Competitive salary
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.