|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||10/15/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/29/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Resumes and copies of transcripts should be submitted to Human Resources by one of the methods below:
*Indicate the position & location you are applying for in the subject line of the email*
Mail: ODVA Human Resources, 2132 NE 36th Street, Oklahoma City, OK, 73111
This is a Full-time Unclassified position located at the
ODVA CENTRAL OFFICE
2132 NE 36TH STREET
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73111
Contract and Acquisitions Programs Administrator
This classification under administrative direction, plans, organizes and directs the acquisition of goods and services for the agency. This will include responsibility for completing all related actions concerning competitive bidding or negotiation for analyses of products, disapproval or termination of contracts, and for insuring compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements concerning contracting and purchasing.
• Drafts specifications and reviews specifications and requisitions developed by other divisions of the agency; determines method of acquisition.
• Maintains bidder lists, product and services information, supplier information and acquisition records.
• Conducts bidder conferences and bid openings; tabulates and evaluates bids; recommends awards; mediates disputes.
• Makes recommendations to management concerning products and services and available sources of supply.
• Performs contract administration, including but not limited to, monitoring contractor compliance with contract specifications, monitoring contractor expenditures, reviewing claims, and ensuring timely submission reports.
• Advises agency personnel on departmental rules, DCS regulations and laws; provides technical guidance and training to agency staff and vendors.
• Represents the agency at public and private sector meetings to explain the functions, procedures and legal guidelines concerning state purchases and contracts.
• Acts as liaison to Department of Central Services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of acquisition methods and procedures pertaining to the acquisition of a wide variety of goods and services; of factors involved in writing specifications; of competitive bid methods and procedures; of State Purchase laws and regulations; of commodity and service markets; pricing methods and market resources; of acquisition administration/ supervisory principles and practices.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to interpret and handle routine decisions in accordance with agency policy; to identify sources of supply; to conduct several projects simultaneously; evaluate bids and award contracts; to write and review purchase specifications and requisitions; and to monitor contractor performance.
Minimum Qualifications/Education and Experience:
High school graduate. Possess or obtain certification as a Certified Procurement Officer I (CPO) no later than eleven months from the date of appointment; and, three years technical clerical work, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; plus two additional years of qualifying contracting and purchasing experience.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.