|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||10/15/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/2/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $61,307.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
The OSDH is seeking a Human Resources Management Specialist III for our Human Resources Division. This is an unclassified position in state government. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $61,307.00 based on education and experience.
At this level employees perform advanced level human resources management work in administering various personnel programs or activities. This may include independent responsibility for a specialized agency program, duties involving providing assistance in the supervision and training of other human resources management specialists as a lead worker or project leader, or other comparable responsibilities for coordinating and completing required activities. This will include a high degree of independence in completing work assignments and making decisions concerning various human resources management activities. Supervisory responsibilities will not normally be assigned at this level, but there may be some responsibility for providing training or guidance to lower level staff.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
The functions performed may vary but may include the following:
• Performs human resources management administration activities involving responsibility for the interpretation and application of rules, laws and policies.
• Completes classification studies, job audits and other activities to identify duties and responsibilities assigned to employees; develops job descriptions, job specifications, organization charts and other materials to describe positions and duties performed by employees; determines appropriate classifications for individual positions.
• Conducts wage and salary surveys by collecting and evaluating salary data; prepares recommendations or requests for salary changes; determines salary changes authorized for specific actions, such as appointments, promotions, transfers, demotions and reinstatements.
• Administers the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act: administers leave, FMLA, worker’s compensation, insurance, retirement and other employee benefits programs, or special programs such as career fair, and charitable contributions.
• Collects and analyzes data on personnel selection procedures and methods, based on established psychometric techniques; prepares charts, graphs and other statistical information on examination results, develops tests and other selection devises.
• Performs centralized or agency recruiting activities; prepares recruiting announcements or other information concerning job vacancies; interviews applicants and evaluates application forms; provides job counseling to prospective employees; visits schools, colleges and other sources for recruitment.
• Counsels employees on grievance procedures;
• Prepares, processes, reviews, analyzes, or approves employee personnel transactions; ensures compliance with applicable laws and rules concerning appointments, promotions, demotions, transfers, separations and other actions.
• Interprets rules and laws concerning employee personnel actions; advises agency personnel staff, employees, supervisors and managers on various personnel related issues.
• Maintains a system of employee personnel records.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of human resources management policies and procedures; of records maintenance; and of business communications. Ability is required to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and to understand and apply applicable rules, laws and policies.
• Knowledge of the Merit Rules for Personnel Administration, the Oklahoma Personnel Act, and other applicable laws, rules and standards related to human resource management and demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret these rules in various situations.
• Ability to perform highly independent work.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position is set in an office environment, computer based.
Bachelor’s degree or six years of technical human resources management experience or a master’s degree in human resources, industrial/organizational psychology, public administration, sociology, psychology or a closely related degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.