|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||10/13/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||up to $55,028.60 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Registered Nurse II providing support to the Cleveland County Health Department. This is an unclassified position (PIN34004216.3201) in state government, located in Moore, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is up to $55,028.60, based on education and experience.
Provide direct or indirect professional nursing services in a variety of settings. This includes providing nursing assessments, planning, interventions, evaluations, health related education, case management, and execution of the medical regime including administering medications and treatments prescribed by any person authorized to prescribe by state law.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assesses health status of individuals, families, and communities; develops plans and implements appropriate nursing interventions.
• Evaluates and determines health resources necessary to meet individual, family and community health needs.
• Delivers professional nursing care in an assigned unit, clinic, home, or other setting.
• Educates individuals, families, communities, and members of the health care team about the principles of disease prevention and health promotion.
• Provides supervision to other professional or paraprofessional personnel; collaborates with other professionals in the management of health care.
• Delegate tasks that may safely be performed by others, consistent with educational preparation and that do not conflict with the provisions of the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act.
• Assures quality health care through use of various measures such as record review, peer review, direct observation, and assessment of individual, family, and community for the desired outcome.
• Performs specialized nursing functions as educationally prepared.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Required at this level include knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, and techniques; of health promotion and disease prevention; of nursing management of available health care resources; of nutrition and diet therapy; and of the functions of various clinical departments. Ability is required to assist in the development, organization, and implementation of an effective nursing care plan; to provide education and training; to assess condition and needs of patients, families and communities appropriate to the care setting; to take appropriate intervention; to counsel and teach patients and families; and to provide direction or guidance to non-licensed personnel in assigned area of responsibility to ensure quality care. In addition, this job requires, knowledge of available health programs and resources; of federal and state rules and regulations concerning health services; of accreditation, certification and licensure standards; of preventive health practices; of principles and methods of teaching; of nursing standards; and of nursing policies and procedures. Ability is required to develop, plan, and implement an effective nursing care program and to provide education and training.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Must be able to move to provide examinations 80% of the time.
• Combination of office and exam offices.
• May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations.
• Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching.
• Work related travel required. Applicant must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
Requirements consist of possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and one year of professional nursing experience.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.