|Date Opened||10/13/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/27/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Please put in the subject line: Corporate Income Tax Specialist III - ITA
Corporate Income Tax Specialist III – Income Tax Accounts Division
Annual Salary: $50,627.26
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the Income Tax Accounts Specialist. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills.
The Income Tax Specialist will play a critical role in assisting and shaping the direction of one or more sections in the Income Tax Accounts Division of the Oklahoma Tax Commission.
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary, but may include the following:
• Examines, investigates, and reviews records, reports, and management practices to ensure legal compliance with state rules and statutes;
• Appropriately addresses internal and external customer issues while respecting business needs;
• Assists with the needed actions performed by other groups and related tax types within the agency;
• Manages and prioritizes assigned caseload and provides services to taxpayers with little supervision;
• Assists taxpayers both in-person and over the phone, with excellent customer service;
• Identifies the most appropriate method to complete tasks and meet deadlines;
• Evaluates relevant data and aspects of situations and make appropriate decisions;
• Reviews applicable laws, regulations, procedures, and financial and administrative controls;
• Prepares adjustment letters to accurately explain errors and balances;
• Keeps rest of team members up to date on latest developments and trainings;
• Reviews team members’ work for accuracy and quality control;
• Conducts reviews of monthly billing to verify system correctness;
• Conducts review of returns for accuracy and processes corresponding refunds and bills;
• Assists in projects as assigned;
• Trains and supports lower-level staff and new co-workers;
• Oversees and provides quality control checks to the work of lower-level staff.
• Performs complex review of transactions as it pertains to corporate income tax;
• Advises taxpayers and legal representatives concerning the interpretations and applications of the tax laws and rules and in the preparation/completion of tax reports in a professional and courteous manner.
COMPLEXITY OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of
o Accounting and auditing methods and systems;
o Generally accepted auditing standards and procedures;
o Computer technology principles, terminology, and automated systems.
• Ability to
o Analyze data and apply rules and statutes to correctly process incoming returns;
o Accept responsibility for actions with honesty and integrity while remaining committed to organization success;
o Promote a team atmosphere;
o Work effectively in a fast-paced environment;
o Work well with co-workers and leadership;
o Prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
• Skills in
o Strong interpersonal skills;
o Using a computer and applicable software;
o Proficient analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities;
o Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
PREFERRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of:
• A bachelor’s degree in any field;
• PLUS two (2) years of experience in accounting, finance, business administration, or related area;
• OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Preference may be given to candidates who are proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
Telework may be required based on the needs of the agency, division, and section. If applicable, applicant must be willing and able to BOTH work on-site and telework at an off-site location, generally in the applicant’s home. Applicant must have a secure internet connection and a dedicated telephone (landline) or smart phone device during scheduled working hours.
Applicant must be willing and able to perform all job related travel normally associated with this position.
Employment with the Oklahoma Tax Commission offers benefits, which include medical, dental, life, disability and vision insurance, medical and health care reimbursement programs, retirement plan, deferred compensation plan, paid holidays, and longevity payments. Employees are provided a benefit allowance to spend toward their benefits. Employees earn three weeks annual and three weeks paid sick leave in the first year of employment.
The Oklahoma Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.