Will Rogers Air National Guard Base in Oklahoma City
|Date Opened||10/12/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/27/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$4,087.17 per month|
|Full or Part Time||
On board state employees with the Oklahoma Military Department:
Contact Stephanie Stover via Stephanie.L.Stover.firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 405-606-7262.
All other applicants follow online process below.
This position is located at the Will Rogers Air National Guard Base in Oklahoma City, OK.
This is a full-time unclassified state position with full state retirement and insurance benefits, including paid health, dental, life, and disability insurance for the employee and family. The employee shall receive a benefit allowance to assist with insurance cost. Annual leave of 10 hours per month and sick leave of 10 hours per month begin accruing immediately.
Position is assigned responsibilities involving the maintenance and repair of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) systems, controls, fixtures, and related equipment in facilities.
• Perform preventative maintenance, repair, installation, and replacement on various HVAC systems, equipment, components, and controls.
• Perform maintenance and repair on air conditioning and refrigeration systems, air compressors, electric motors, pumps, and their various controls and devices.
• Document the recovery and use of all refrigerants in the Air Force Refrigeration Management Plan.
• Manage and utilize the direct digital controls system, METYSIS, to program, monitor, and adjust connected HVAC and lighting systems.
• Perform inventory and condition assessment on HVAC components through Builder Sustainment Management System.
• Assist and advise Base Engineering on HVAC related issues. Participate in pre-planning, statements of work, and plan reviews of construction projects.
• Create bill of material, obtain quotes, and submit requests for needed tools and materials.
• Assist supply in maintaining an adequate bench stock of commonly used HVAC materials.
• Direct the work of maintenance repair technicians, laborers, and/or others assigned to assist HVAC personnel.
• Operate equipment including a Genie high reach and fork lift.
• Submits reports as directed to include daily timesheets.
• Identify opportunities for learning and attend training relating to the HVAC trade. Keep current with new technologies with-in the HVAC/R field.
• Maintain and current Journeyman’s license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of the operation of a variety of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems; of the methods, materials, fixtures, tools and equipment utilized in heating, air conditioning and refrigeration maintenance; and of standard safety precautions in the trade. Ability is required to maintain and repair various types of heating, refrigeration and air conditioning equipment. Ability to install various types of heating and air conditioning components and in providing guidance and training to assigned work crews.
Education and Experience:
Current Mechanical Journeyman license issued by the Oklahoma Construction Industries Board.
• Applicant must be able to lift/carry a minimum of 40 pounds
• Applicant must be able to work in extreme weather conditions (over 95 degrees F and below 20 degrees F).
• Applicant must be able climb ladders, stairs, and work from heights.
Conditions of Employment:
• Unclassified service as an employee at will
• Contingent on a favorable background check
• Contingent on passing a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening
• Considered essential personnel (work during inclement weather)
• Available to work if called in due to an emergency
• Non-exempt FLSA status
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license
• NACI security clearance
• Tobacco and Vape free facility
• Mechanical Journey license
Notes: This position is located at the Will Rogers Air National Guard Base in Oklahoma City, OK.
Employment eligibility verified through e-Verify (Homeland Security), and a National Agency Check for positions that require computer access.
Travel may be required at the expense of the employee to be reimbursed within 45 days of travel.
THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
State of Oklahoma properties are smoke-free and vape-free therefore, the use of any and all tobacco products including, but not limited to, cigarettes, pipes, smokeless tobacco, other tobacco product, electronic cigarettes/vaping devices or any other product packaged for smoking or the simulation of smoking (regardless of nicotine content) is prohibited on all state properties.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.