|Date Opened||10/12/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/18/2021 1:26:00 PM|
|Salary||Based on experience and qualifications of the candidate.|
|Full or Part Time||
Email the list of documents below to: email@example.com
2) One-page cover letter with a description of legal, investigative, and/or other relevant experience; and
3) A copy of a legal pleading which you drafted and filed in administrative, state, or federal court.
#21-28-The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM) Compliance Division for an Attorney I. This position will be officed in Oklahoma City. The salary offered for this position will depend on the experience and qualifications of the candidate. This posting is open until filled.
Under direction of the Managing Counsel/Director of PBM Compliance Division, the OID Level I PBM Compliance Attorney performs professional legal work related to the Oklahoma Insurance Department’s duties to administer and enforce the Insurance Code and statutes and administrative rules pertaining to Pharmacy Benefits Management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Representation of the State of Oklahoma in Administrative, District and Appellate Court proceedings regarding the administration and enforcement of the Insurance Code and statutes and administrative rules related to Pharmacy Benefits Management
• Collection and enforcement of orders of the Oklahoma Insurance Department
• Identification and interpretation of applicable laws, rules, and policies
• Research and writing, prepare letters, memoranda, legal documents, briefs, contracts and other papers or legal documents; prepare administrative and court pleadings, motions and affidavits
• Participation in various process improvement teams and supervisory groups for the purpose of reviewing, analyzing and interpreting legal requirements and designing and implementing policies, procedures, and instructions to staff to ensure those requirements are fulfilled
• Interview and select appropriate witnesses, prepare witnesses to give testimony, conduct direct and cross-examination, draft findings of fact, conclusions of law and orders based on the decision of hearing officers or judges
• Provide advice and counsel to the Commissioner and Department employees on matters related to insurance, pharmacy benefits management, and general law
• Draft rules and regulations implementing state insurance laws
• Speak before various civic and industry groups, including continuing education seminars, regarding insurance or Department matters
• Respond to telephone and written inquiries from licensees and the general public regarding legal questions
• Perform other work as required and assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Required at this level is the ability to exercise independent and good judgment and have knowledge of techniques and guidelines of the regulatory enforcement career field sufficient to instruct department employees. Strong working knowledge of Westlaw, PACER, Microsoft Office 365 and related software programs, particularly Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook; and a working relationship with computers and the ability to learn and use relational databases, tracking systems, other software and equipment to accommodate in-house training.
• Honorable, ethical, and trustworthy character; free of moral turpitude and/or compromised integrity
• Strong reading comprehension skills and the ability to extract pertinent information from complex insurance and financial records, as well as related documents
• Excellent report writing skills, accomplished in the drafting of prosecutorial documentation with precise grammar, spelling, and sentence structure for clarity of expression
• Effective articulation and oral presentation skills when communicating technical information to internal and external stakeholders, partners, prosecutors, juries, and lay audiences
• Ability to research and understand Oklahoma State Statutes as well as administrative rules and regulations of the Oklahoma Insurance Code pertaining to insurance-related crimes, and insurance industry regulation Knowledge of legal principles and their application; of legal research methods; of the principles of administrative and constitutional law; of trial and administrative procedures; of the rules of evidence; and of dispute resolution techniques
• Skill in performing research; in applying legal principles, authorities and precedent to fact situations; in presenting statements of fact, law and argument clearly and logically in written and oral form; and in drafting statutes, administrative rules, pleadings, and other legal instruments and documents
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Law degree from accredited school; licensed by Oklahoma Bar Association; minimal previous legal experience required; supervision will be progressively decreased as the attorney learns insurance regulatory law and related knowledge and skills.
Preferred candidates will be those having prosecution, regulatory compliance, or enforcement experience in the areas of fraud, white-collar crimes, or regulatory violations.
The successful candidate MUST:
• Possess and maintain a valid Oklahoma driver’s license with a good driving record
• Pass all interview requirements and an extensive personal background investigation
• Meet and maintain all OID personnel requirements, including any professional designations
• Understand and follow proper chain-of-command in daily duties and emergency response
• Consistently demonstrate sound judgment during daily duties and emergency response
• Be willing to travel as needed, both in and out-of-state, with or without notice
Upon hire, any applicant who is licensed as a producer/agent, adjuster or is otherwise affiliated with any entity that is regulated by the department must surrender their license and terminate any financial or non-financial affiliation with the entity that is regulated by the department. The selected applicant must pass a background check. Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. For benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state, please use this link to access the Office of Human Capital Management benefits page at https://omes.ok.gov/services/employee-benefits
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.