|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||10/12/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/26/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time Application Developer for the Information Services Division providing support to the State Department of Education. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefit Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance click here. The annual salary for this position based on education and experience.
This position is responsible for planning and development of automated applications systems to support the business needs of the organization. This includes review and analysis of user functions and activities, evaluation of available resources and current systems, and the development and testing of appropriate programs or systems. This position works with users, management and others to identify and define long- and short-range information systems requirements.
• Write clean, scalable code using .NET languages
• Participate in all phases of SDLC and project management including review and analyze organization’s business needs, confer with users to evaluate requirements, discuss solutions, and develop plans of approach, including completion time estimates and UAT plans.
• Perform ongoing maintenance and review of applications systems and programs
• Develop client displays, prototypes, user interfaces, and output formats to ensure ease of use, functionality, and accessibility
• Coordinate with other developers to identify areas of improvement, then create the specifications for the solution.
• Prepare program documentation to support new or enhanced systems and applications
• Participate in structured walk-throughs and other activities to review systems, and provide training and support
• Study feasibility of proposed software applications or system modifications by identifying potential requirements and system restrictions to guide project development
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the work day. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems from an accredited college or university; a vocational or technical education course resulting in certification in computer applications equivalent to a bachelor’s degree; five years of computer applications experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess
• Experience with IIS, Azure
• Working knowledge of SQL or T-SQL
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.