|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||10/11/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/25/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
This position is located at Griffin Memorial Hospital in Norman, Oklahoma.
About the Position:
The incumbent in this position is responsible for handling, preparing, cooking and serving food for regular, modified and special diets at a state hospital. This includes maintaining clean and sanitary work, preparation and serving areas.
Typical job functions include but are not limited to:
• Preparing foods, salads, and desserts; cooking or baking a variety of items.
• Suppling unit with meat, fish or fowl as ordered; cuts and preparing meat, poultry or fish.
• Cleaning and preparing foods using tools such as knives, slicers and peelers and equipment such as ovens and steamers; follows written diet orders.
• Operating dishwasher; gathering, cleaning, stacking and hand washing or scouring pots, pans, dishes, silverware and other cooking and baking utensils.
• Removing refuse from kitchen area; sweeps, mops and scrubs kitchen, dining and storage areas.
• Announcement opens October 11, 2021 – October 25, 2021.
• This is a full-time, shift position. Shifts are 8 hours in duration.
• Annual Salary is in Pay Band C / $23,920-$29,185.
• Scheduled days: Varies (8-hour shifts / 5 days a week (40-hour workweeks)
• The FLSA Status is Non-Exempt for this Position. The EEO Category is Service.
• Upon a conditional offer of employment, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services applicants must submit to a physical examination and shall meet the physical examination requirements of lifting/carrying 50 pounds occasionally, 20 pounds frequently and able to push and pull a maximum force of 50 pounds.
• Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill any job-related travel normally associated with this position and as such have a valid driver’s license.
Great Reasons to Work for Us:
ODMHSAS is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to support our employees and their dependents. Our benefits include:
• Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums
• A wide choice of health insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations
• Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses or dependent care
• Employee assistance programs and health and fitness programs
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
• Student Loan repayment options
• Training opportunities for CEU requirements
Griffin Memorial Hospital (GMH) is located in Norman, Oklahoma, and serves all 77 counties in Oklahoma as the Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) treatment center for adults. GMH provides community crisis stabilization and residential treatment for substance abuse and co-occurring mental health and trauma related conditions.
Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment and Preplacement Testing: Upon a conditional offer of employment, applicants for safety sensitive positions shall be required to submit to urinalysis to test for drugs. Appointment to a safety sensitive position shall be contingent upon a negative drug test result.
THIS AGENCY REQUIRES COVERAGE 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS PER WEEK. WORK HOURS AND LOCATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON BUSINESS NECESSITY. EMPLOYEES MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK WEEKENDS AND OVERTIME.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions in this job family are involved in handling, preparing, cooking and serving food for regular, modified and special diets at a state hospital, school, facility or institution. This includes maintaining clean and sanitary work, preparation and serving areas.
The Food Service Specialist job family has four levels which are distinguished by the complexity of assignments, the level of expertise required to perform the duties assigned, and the responsibility assigned for providing leadership to others.
This is the basic level of this job family where employees are assigned simple and routine duties of handling, preparing and serving food. In this role they will perform tasks such as preparing toast, tea, and coffee, and maintaining the cleanliness of the food service area.
Education and Experience: None required.
Some positions may require possession of a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License at time of appointment.
Upon a conditional offer of employment, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services applicants must submit to a physical examination and shall meet the physical examination requirements of lifting/carrying 50 pounds occasionally, 20 pounds frequently and able to push and pull a maximum force of 50 pounds.
Some positions within the Office of Juvenile Affairs may require applicants to be able to lift 25 pounds.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.