|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||10/11/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/25/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Salary: $7,633.33 monthly
This is an unclassified position; selections will be made without the use of an interview committee per OP-110235 V.A.
Oklahoma Department of Corrections
Unclassified Job Descriptor
CHIEF ADMINISTRATOR OF AGRI-SERVICES
Positions in this job are responsible for developing and administering a statewide agriculture operation encompassing all phases of the agricultural process.
• Directs the operations and administration of the Agri-Services units, ensuring that the statewide operation is producing the proper crops and products at an appropriate level to make production economically possible; ensures the department’s needs related to agricultural products are met; the unit is also responsible for animal husbandry related to agri-operations.
• Responsible for interpretation of all laws pertaining to agriculture operations and ensures the units’ overall compliance; responsible for maintaining and reporting records of: agriculture production (which includes costs of production), inventories of livestock, poultry, feed, equipment, vehicles and agriculture supplies, cost analysis of each phase of operations and incentive pay programs for inmates assigned to the agriculture program.
• Develops long and short-range plans for the production phase; approves the procurement and payment of all agricultural suppliers, machinery, construction, purchases of vehicles and equipment as well as repairs, agri-building maintenance.
• Responsible for setting the price of agricultural products; for the transportation and logistics related to agricultural products, machinery and agricultural supplies for all agri-operations.
• Responsible for ensuring the department’s master menu is provided annually to all institutional food service units.
• Develops and implements operating policies and processes for the unit; manages the budget, staff, and resources for the assigned area(s).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of animal husbandry, field crops and vegetable products; of meat and food processing; of agricultural machinery and supplies; of cost analysis methods related to agricultural production including the establishment and maintenance of supportive record systems; of the principles and practices of administration. Skill in the practices of agricultural production. Knowledge of, and skill in, the use and application of appropriate information technology. Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of others; to interpret, analyze and resolve highly complex and technical information; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to establish and maintain effective working relationships, to organize and manage several projects simultaneously; and to analyze complex situations and adopt an appropriate course of action.
Education and Experience:
Statutorily Required: N/A
Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or closely related field and five (5) years experience in agriculture which involves at least three or more of the following areas: beef production, dairy production, poultry production, swine production, meat processing, food processing, vegetable production, field crop production and two (2) years of which must have been in a supervisory or administrative role.
Master’s degree in agriculture or closely related field and experience as listed above.
Job Code: 0622 DOC Pay Grade: 15 Statutory Reference: 74 O.S. § 840-5.5 or 5.11 Effective Date: 03-01-21
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.