|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||10/11/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/31/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
This position is located at Griffin Memorial Hospital in Norman, Oklahoma.
About the Position:
This position is part of a team of individuals that are responsible for the preventative maintenance, repair or upkeep of buildings and grounds for Griffin Memorial Hospital and Children’s Recovery Center. Requires knowledge of plumbing, electrical, mechanical and HVAC. Must be self-starter, driven and accountable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of the materials, methods, tools and equipment used in various building and maintenance trades; and of hazards and safety precautions related to the trade in which work is performed.
• Announcement opens October 11, 2021 and closes January 31, 2022.
• This is a full-time, shift position. Shifts are 8 hours in duration.
• Annual Salary is in Pay Band F / $28,628.20 - $38,072.00
• Scheduled days: Varies (8-hour shifts / 5 days a week (40-hour workweeks)
• The FLSA Status is Non-Exempt for this Position.
• Upon a conditional offer of employment, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services applicants must submit to a physical examination and shall meet the physical examination requirements of occasionally lifting/carrying 80 pounds, 25 pounds frequently, able to push and pull a maximum force of 40 pounds and able to lift and hold overhead up to 40 pounds.
• Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill any job-related travel normally associated with this position and as such have a valid driver’s license.
Great Reasons to Work for Us:
ODMHSAS is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to support our employees and their dependents. Our benefits include:
• Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums
• A wide choice of health insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations
• Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses or dependent care
• Employee assistance programs and health and fitness programs
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
• Student Loan repayment options
• Training opportunities for CEU requirements
Griffin Memorial Hospital (GMH) is located in Norman, Oklahoma, and serves all 77 counties in Oklahoma as the Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) treatment center for adults. GMH provides community crisis stabilization and residential treatment for substance abuse and co-occurring mental health and trauma related conditions.
Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment and Preplacement Testing: Upon a conditional offer of employment, applicants for safety sensitive positions shall be required to submit to urinalysis to test for drugs. Appointment to a safety sensitive position shall be contingent upon a negative drug test result.
THIS AGENCY REQUIRES COVERAGE 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS PER WEEK. WORK HOURS AND LOCATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON BUSINESS NECESSITY. EMPLOYEES MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK WEEKENDS AND OVERTIME.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities related to the construction, maintenance, repair or upkeep of buildings, grounds or other state property, requiring no license. This may include assisting in the construction or renovation of buildings, general maintenance and upkeep of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical and other systems, minor repairs to machinery or other equipment, and general maintenance of grounds or lawns.
This job family consists of three levels which are distinguished based on the complexity of work assignments, the expertise required to perform assigned duties, and the responsibility assigned for providing supervision to others.
This is the career level of this job family where employees are assigned responsibilities involving semi-skilled to skilled work in general maintenance, repair, construction, renovation or other work related to state owned or leased buildings, property or equipment. This may include assisting in construction or renovation projects and performing general maintenance and minor repairs to plumbing, mechanical, or electrical fixtures and systems.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of two years of experience in one or more of the building trades or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|