|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||10/8/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/22/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,250.00+, Level II is $39,000.00+; Level III is $44,000.00+|
|Full or Part Time||
Licensed Practical Nurse
This job is located in Lawton, OK
About the Position:
Connect with a team of winners! Be a part of our mission promoting healthy communities and providing the highest quality care to enhance the wellbeing of all Oklahomans. Jim Taliaferro Community Mental Health Center is recruiting for Licensed Practical Nurses.
Help us change lives!
These positions are responsible for providing direct professional nursing services in a variety of settings. This includes providing nursing assessments, planning, interventions, evaluations, health related education, case management, and execution of the medical regime including administering medications and treatments prescribed by any person authorized to prescribe by state law.
• 10/08/2021 – 10/22/2021
• Two (2) vacancies – Pin 0846 and 0830
• Full Time
• Annual Salary for Licensed Practical Nurse I is $35,250.00+, Level II is $39,000.00+; Level III is $44,000.00+
• Shift differentials when working evening, nights, or weekends
• Primary Working Hours are vary based on the needs of the facility
• FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Licensed Practical Nurse III: Possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma board of nursing and three years of practical nursing experience.
• Licensed Practical Nurse II: Possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma board of nursing and one year of practical nursing experience.
• Licensed Practical Nurse I: Possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma board of nursing.
• Upon a conditional offer of employment, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services applicants must submit to a physical examination and shall meet the physical examination requirements of occasionally lifting/carrying 50 pounds and able to push and pull a maximum force of 25 pounds.
• Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill any job-related travel normally associated with this position and as such have a valid driver’s license
Great Reasons to Work with Us:
ODMHSAS is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to support our employees and their dependents.
Our benefits include:
• Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums
• A wide choice of health insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations
• Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses or dependent care
• Employee assistance programs and health and fitness programs
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
• Student Loan repayment options
• Training opportunities for CEU requirements
Jim Taliaferro Community Mental Health Center in Lawton, OK is a community-based center with a primary focus on mental health and substance abuse treatment. The inpatient and outpatient services they provide include special groups and programs for adolescents, persons with co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders, seniors and older adults, women, men, and criminal justice groups.
Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment and Pre-placement Testing:
Upon a conditional offer of employment, applicants for safety sensitive positions shall be required to submit to urinalysis to test for drugs. Appointment to a safety sensitive position shall be contingent upon a negative drug test result.
THIS AGENCY REQUIRES COVERAGE 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS PER WEEK. WORK HOURS AND LOCATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON BUSINESS NECESSITY. EMPLOYEES MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK WEEKENDS AND OVERTIME.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.