|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||10/8/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/22/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Family Advocate II, Systems of Care
This job is located in Lawton, OK
About the Position:
Take the first step toward a life-changing career and join us at Jim Taliaferro Community Mental Health Center!
This position is responsible for providing emotional support and advocacy for children, adolescents, young adults, and their families involved in the Children’s Department. The person selected will provide outreach to new referrals and also provide education about resources in the community.
• 10/08/2021 – 10/22/2021
• One (1) vacancy – Pin 1429
• Annual Salary is $26,208.00
• Primary Working Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm M-F
• FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
This position requires a high school diploma plus 30 hours of college or university study.
Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill any job-related travel normally associated with this position and as such have a valid driver’s license.
Great Reasons to Work with Us:
ODMHSAS is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to support our employees and their dependents.
Our benefits include:
• Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums
• A wide choice of health insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations
• Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses or dependent care
• Employee assistance programs and health and fitness programs
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
• Student Loan repayment options
• Training opportunities for CEU requirements
Jim Taliaferro Community Mental Health Center in Lawton, OK is a community-based center with a primary focus on mental health and substance abuse treatment. The inpatient and outpatient services they provide include special groups and programs for adolescents, persons with co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders, seniors and older adults, women, men, and criminal justice groups.
Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment and Pre-Placement Testing:
Upon a conditional offer of employment, applicants for safety sensitive positions shall be required to submit to urinalysis to test for drugs. Appointment to a safety sensitive position shall be contingent upon a negative drug test result.
THIS AGENCY REQUIRES COVERAGE 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS PER WEEK. WORK HOURS AND LOCATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON BUSINESS NECESSITY. EMPLOYEES MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK WEEKENDS AND OVERTIME.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.