|Date Opened||10/5/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/26/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Please put in the subject line: Director of Innovation
DIRECTOR OF INNOVATION - Innovation Division
Oklahoma Tax Commission – Oklahoma City, OK
Annual Salary: $90,000-$110,000
The Oklahoma Tax Commission (OTC) is a government agency administering and enforcing state tax laws. We are currently seeking to fill the Director position for the Innovation Division (INN). The Director of Innovation will play a critical role in directing and administering all programs and operations of the INN Division as well as serving as part of IT leadership.
The Innovation Division utilizes their analytical skills to evaluate the agency’s operations, including internal structure, business processes, and information technology infrastructure, and to develop methods for improvements. The focus of the INN Division is to streamline operations, enhance the customer experience, and increase revenue.
The responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and level of work performed by the Director of Innovation. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties and responsibilities.
• Oversees and directs the day-to-day operations of the Innovation Division;
• Serves as a key member of the leadership team in developing tax strategies and policies, and guiding agency implementation of legislation;
• Assists Executive Leadership with establishing and implementing goals and priorities for the division that are consistent with advancing the agency’s overall mission and vision;
• Provides leadership to the IT Division;
o Collaborates with IT Administrators and oversees the implementation of all projects and process changes in order to meet the strategic goals of the agency;
• Determines and implements policies, practices, procedures, priorities and work standards that impact the division, agency, and state governmental operations to enhance revenue and efficiencies;
• Routinely evaluates best practices/processes/ideas across other state agencies (locally and nationwide) and recommends future initiatives to Executive Leadership;
• Collaborates with Executive Leadership to determine service gaps and creates ways to improve service offerings;
• Builds and implements innovative change management strategies and plans;
• Provides status briefings to Executive Leadership;
• Serves as the agency liaison with technology vendors, including project staffing, contract renewal, and addendums;
• Represents the agency at local, regional and national meetings/conferences in a professional manner;
• Develops processes that will enhance the taxpayer experience;
• Executes talent strategies to maintain a well-trained, high performing, and motivated team;
• Builds and maintains business and cross functional relationships;
• Makes recommendations to integrate lean methods into the overall continuous improvement strategy of the agency.
The ideal candidate will have the following Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
• Strong knowledge of IT functions, such as:
o Software development life cycles
o Object-oriented programming, relational databases
o User interfaces
o Business processes
o Testing technology
o Code analysis
o Security measures
• Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies, tools, and techniques;
• Strong analytical skills to monitor and review workflows;
• Excellent communication skills, strong analytical abilities, and strong technical skills;
• Leadership and general management skills, including excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills;
• Ability to ensure timelines are being met while following tax laws/statutes of State of Oklahoma;
• Ability to interact in a positive way with all levels of employees from frontline to upper management.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Organizational Leadership, Computer Science, MIS, CIS or related discipline, PLUS six (6) years of professional IT or business/public administration experience, INCLUDING three (3) years in a supervisory or administrative capacity;
o Other degree disciplines may be considered;
• OR a master’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Organizational Leadership, Computer Science, MIS, CIS or related discipline, PLUS five (5) years of professional business or public administration, INCLUDING three (3) years in a supervisory or administrative capacity;
• OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
NOTE: No substitution will be allowed for the required professional experience in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
Employment with the Oklahoma Tax Commission offers benefits, which include medical, dental, life, disability and vision insurance, medical and health care reimbursement programs, retirement plan, deferred compensation plan, paid holidays, and longevity payments. Employees are provided a benefit allowance to spend toward their benefits. Employees earn three weeks annual and three weeks paid sick leave in the first year of employment.
The Oklahoma Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.