|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||10/4/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/31/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$59,250+ / $28.49 hourly plus shift differentials.|
|Full or Part Time||
Registered Nurse III, 2573
This position is located at Griffin Memorial Hospital in Norman, Oklahoma.
About the Position:
Join a winning team! Be a part of our mission promoting healthy communities and providing the highest quality care to enhance the wellbeing of all Oklahomans. Griffin Memorial Hospital is recruiting RNs for its day, evening, and overnight shifts. Help us make a difference in people’s lives!
Under general direction the Registered Nurse III will:
• Provide nursing services through physical and mental assessments, treatment plans and therapeutic treatments.
• Deliver knowledge on a wide range of disorders; cognitive, emotional, developmental, social and behavioral.
• Perform crisis intervention and work collaboratively with Psychiatrists, Therapists, and other Nurses.
• Announcement opens October 1, 2021 and closes October 31, 2021.
• Eight (8) full-time, shift positions. Shifts are 8 hours in duration.
• Annual Salary is $59,250+ / $28.49 hourly plus $1.94 shift differentials when working evenings, $2.01 for overnights; $2.80 for weekends; and $2.50 for holidays.
• Primary Working Hours are 6:30a – 3p, 2:30p -11p or 10:30p – 7a.
• The FLSA Status is Exempt for this Position.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s in Nursing and possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and one year of professional nursing experience; OR Associate in Nursing and two years of professional nursing experience; OR Associate in Nursing and three years of LPN experience in psychiatric nursing.
• Possesses a strong commitment to patient well-being and safety and believes that recovery is possible!
• Upon a conditional offer of employment, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services applicants must submit to a physical examination and shall meet the physical examination requirements of occasionally lifting/carrying 50 pounds and able to push and pull a maximum force of 25 pounds.
• Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill any job-related travel normally associated with this position and as such have a valid driver’s license.
Great Reasons to Work with Us:
ODMHSAS is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to support our employees and their dependents. Our benefits include:
• Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums
• A wide choice of health insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations
• Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses or dependent care
• Employee assistance programs and health and fitness programs
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
• Student Loan repayment options
• Training opportunities for CEU requirements
Griffin Memorial Hospital (GMH) is located in Norman, Oklahoma, and serves all 77 counties in Oklahoma as the Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) treatment center for adults. GMH provides community crisis stabilization and residential treatment for substance abuse and co-occurring mental health and trauma related conditions.
Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment and Preplacement Testing: Upon a conditional offer of employment, applicants for safety sensitive positions shall be required to submit to urinalysis to test for drugs. Appointment to a safety sensitive position shall be contingent upon a negative drug test result.
THIS AGENCY REQUIRES COVERAGE 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS PER WEEK. WORK HOURS AND LOCATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON BUSINESS NECESSITY. EMPLOYEES MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK WEEKENDS AND OVERTIME.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.