Auditing and Compliance
|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||9/16/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/29/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Auditing and Compliance
Salary: $4,068.80 monthly
Oklahoma Department of Corrections
Unclassified Job Descriptor
COMPLIANCE REVIEW SPECIALIST
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the direction or management of a statewide, specialized inspection and evaluation process for institutions, community corrections, probation and parole, as well as public and privately managed prisons, jails and/or community corrections housing offenders remanded to the Oklahoma Department of Corrections (ODOC).
• Implements a comprehensive inspection protocol at various ODOC locations within the state of Oklahoma.
• Conducts research and evaluates the quality, relevance, applicability and the feasibility of indicators and collected data.
• Ensures the most current inspection tools are in-line with agency written instructions or private contracts, in conjunction with sound correctional management practices and standards established by the American Correctional Association.
• Conducts audits, on-site inspections, security evaluations and special assessments of facilities, gathering applicable data and recording observations for later review by the Compliance Managers and Compliance Administrator in an effort to ensure all facilities are functioning in an optimum manner, providing for the safety and security of staff, offenders, and the public.
• Conducts follow-up evaluations to determine final positive compliance and/or close findings of inspections.
• Evaluates data and formulates comprehensive reports detailing inspection findings, areas of non-compliance, required action plans, and environmental observations.
• Conducts meetings, briefings, and/or presentations of findings with the applicable facility head, and/or the Compliance Managers, Audit and Compliance Administrator and Inspector General.
• Participates in the agency policy review process, ensuring adequate language is provided for staff to implement and/or interpret the defined procedures.
• Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of the principles and practices of management and supervision with the ability to plan, direct and review the work of others; to analyze complex situations and make responsible decisions. Knowledge and skills for various computer software applications and research methodologies; creation and manipulation of audit instruments; report generation and data compilation; program assessment strategies; and security practices as well as accreditation standards. Skill in verbal and written communications, including public speaking and presentation; leadership and decision making;building and maintaining interpersonal relations; and organization and time management. Ability to work in a prison/confinement environment; conduct thorough research, analysis, inspections/audits and assessments; write clear and concise reports; and maintain professional interactions among all agency organizational levels and outside entities. Willingness and ability to perform all job-related travel, including overnight stays.
Education and Experience:
Statutorily Required: N/A
A bachelor’s degree and two year of professional, technical correctional experience, or a minimum of five years progressively responsible correctional experience with a focus in security practices, offender programs, or procedure development. Applicant must be in possession of and the ability to retain a current valid Oklahoma Driver’s license.
Job Code: 7434 DOC Pay Grade: 9 Statutory Reference: 74 O.S. § 840-5.5 or 5.11 Effective Date: 04-21-14
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.