|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||9/14/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/27/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Salary: $6,875.00 monthly
This is an unclassified position; selections will be made without the use of an interview committee per OP-110235 V.A.
Oklahoma Department of Corrections
Unclassified Job Descriptor
PUBLIC INFORMATION MANAGER
Positions in this job assist the Communications Director in managing public information/relations.
• Assists with department spokesperson duties; responds promptly to media requests after hours and on weekends; helps establish and maintain cooperative relationships with public officials and agencies; produces press releases and advisories.
• Plans public information/relations programs and projects, such as new conferences and promotional materials; represents the department at public programs and at professional conferences and seminars.
• Produces editorial content for department publications for internal and external audiences.
• Advises managers on the department’s public image; serves as a public information consultant to department stakeholders and organizations that interact with the department; develops and implements marketing plans.
• Assists with in-service training for department staff
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of news cycles, news values and how journalists gather and utilize information; of strategic communications; of social media and online content management systems; of AP style; of best practices in crisis communications; of state government and law enforcement.
Ability is required to execute multiple projects and messages in service of a goal – sometimes during high-stress situations; to produce feature stories, photos, and video; to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines; to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Education and Experience:
Statutorily Required: N/A
Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, journalism, English or a related field and four (4) years of professional experience in writing, editing, radio and/or television, public relations or serving as a public information officer; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Requirements:The incumbent must be willing and able to perform all job-related travel normally associated with the position.
Job Code: 5081 DOC Pay Grade: 11 Statutory Reference: 74 O.S. § 840-5.5 or 5.11 Effective Date: 11-29-17
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.