CAPIP Undergraduate Internship
|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||9/2/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/13/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $15.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
All students interested in internships must have received prior notification of eligible intern status in order to apply for internship vacancies. If you have not received prior eligibility approval as an Undergraduate Intern, please complete the initial CAPIP application here before applying for this vacancy.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website. OMES is seeking an Accounting Intern part time for the Employee’s Group Insurance Division (EGID) of OMES. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. The hourly rate for this position is up to $15.00 based on education and experience.
The purpose of this position is to perform work that contributes to financial statement preparation for the Employee’s Group Insurance Division (EGID) of OMES. The positions will gain experience through assisting with a variety of activities for the general ledger team including audits and reconciliation, journal entries, and asset management.
• Preparation of standard and nonstandard journal entries.
• Assist in researching and processing unclaimed property.
• Maintain databases supporting the division’s business.
• Audit and reconciliation of a variety of insurance plans account.
• Prepare check requests for and remit payments to each plans’ account.
• Contribute to other initiatives within EGID as assigned
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• This position works in a comfortable office setting for a large percentage of the work day.
• Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess
• At least 30 hours of coursework completed
• Ability to use Microsoft Office/Microsoft 365 products
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|