The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time Executive PC Support for the Information Services Division. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $55,000.00 based on education and experience.
The purpose of this position is to perform work at the full performance level to configure, install and maintain workstation hardware, operating systems, and standard application software. This position requires an individual knowledge in information security, networking technology standards, and peripheral devices, such as printers and mobile devices.
• Identify network, hardware, and software problems utilizing diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
• Install, configure, apply patches, and update operating systems and workstation applications
• Work with members of the group to analyze workstation, operating system, and application performance
• Assist in developing and applying changes to achieve optimum performance
• Maintain workstation systems at performance level to meet customer expectations for reliability and stability
• Identify technologies for inclusion in the workstation environment
• Provide end user support; resolve issues pertaining to workstation operation in a networked environment
• Assist in the administration and maintenance of antivirus and other specialized software
• Assist in maintaining hardware and software inventories
• Ensure all scheduled support activities and project deadlines are met while maintaining a high level of user satisfaction and confidence
• Communicate frequently, both verbally and in writing, with end users and other customers
• Serve as the escalation point for technical and customer-related issues in assigned geographical area periodically
• Respond to escalated customer service issues within one business day
• Ensure adequate coverage is maintained by coordinating Workstation Support Specialist scheduled and unscheduled leave and maintaining a backup coverage plan
• Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with team members in order to address issues and provide technical assistance
• Prepare and conduct quarterly trainings with team members in order to increase soft and technical skills
• Coordinate projects with team members, customers, and management in order to ensure that projects are completed in a timely manner
• Ensure that all technical issues entered into the ticketing system have full and proper documentation and are closed to successful resolution within seven business days
• Install, configure and troubleshoot PC and laptop hardware and software in the networked environment
• Install, configure and troubleshoot peripheral devices, such as printers, mobile devices including Blackberry phones and tablets.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work in an office environment. The employee frequently is required to work with computer equipment. The employee must occasionally lift, and/or move up to 30 pounds. Lifting above the head is occasionally required. This position may require travel up to 50 percent of the work week.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.