|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||8/16/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Level III - up to $60,187.00 / Level II - up to $53,263.00 based on education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking one full time Speech Language Pathologist II or III providing support in the Muskogee county. This is an unclassified position (Pin# 34003142) in state government. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary is up to $60,187.00 based on education and experience Please be advised position may be filled at Level II or Level III. Level III - up to $60,187.00 based on education and experience Position Description: Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Requirements: Requirements at this level include Certification of Clinical Competency by the American Speech Language and Hearing Association and the licensure by the Oklahoma Board of Examiners for Speech Language Pathology and Audiology plus the years of experience previously outlined.
Level II - up to $53,263.00 based on education and experience
Responsible to provide patients with diagnostic and therapeutic services in the areas of speech and language. The functions in this job family will vary, but may include the following:
• Diagnoses communication disorders of speech and language.
• Prepares treatment plans and makes recommendations for individual cases.
• Conducts group and individual speech and/or language treatment as appropriate.
• Performs hearing screenings and makes appropriate referrals.
• Prepares and maintains progress reports, records, and evaluations on individual and group cases as required.
• Participates as a member of a diagnostic and treatment team for individual and group cases.
• Maintains confidential records of client services in compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Confers with professional and/or community groups on topics regarding communication disorders.
• Implements and develops prevention programs that are specific to speech/language/communication issues.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Work effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
*Travel is required for home visitations (or community settings for therapeutic interventions).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required include knowledge of the pathology of communication disorders; of phonetics; of the anatomy and physiology of the speech and hearing function; and of diagnostic testing and treatment techniques for communication disorders. Ability is required to discuss communication disorders with various treatment professionals and families; to plan and execute treatment programs; and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Please be advised position may be filled at Level II or Level III.
Level III - up to $60,187.00 based on education and experience
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Requirements: Requirements at this level include Certification of Clinical Competency by the American Speech Language and Hearing Association and the licensure by the Oklahoma Board of Examiners for Speech Language Pathology and Audiology plus the years of experience previously outlined.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|