|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||8/13/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/4/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $55,000 Based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Health Planning Specialist II providing support to Health Resources Development Services. This is an unclassified position (PIN# 34002294) in state government, located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is up to $55,000 based on education and experience. Position Summary: Position Responsibilities: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Health Planning Specialist, II are responsible for reviewing Long-Term Care (LTC) applications submitted to the Department from individuals and/or entities who are wanting to own, operate, manage and/or provide services to individuals who are residing in and/or who are participating with a licensed long term care facility in the state of Oklahoma in order to make sure that the applicant meets the requirements and is compliant with local, state and federal laws.
• Responsible for verifying and confirming LTC staff credentials, such as nurses, doctors, pharmacists, dieticians as well as plumbers and electricians for facilities. In addition, contracts with outside providers of services to LTC agencies are reviewed, verified and confirmed with certain application reviews.
• Review projected budget of revenues and expenses to ensure that LTC applications submitted such as probationary and/or initial applicants are incurring profit from both the first month of operation and well as on an annual basis. These include audits of 10K financial documents and accountant compilation reports.
• Maintain, update, complete, verify and perform data entry on demographic information with regard to LTC facilities within a complex state licensure and federal data system to include ACO and the Departments (ACO).
• Provide technical and consultative services to internal customers such as long term care staff, nursing staff, architectural staff, agency attorneys, accounting staff, peers, administrative support staff and daily contact with individual customers in person and/or over the phone.
• Testify at hearings and/or court cases, and assist legal staff in preparation of hearing and court cases concerning licensure violations and/or certificate of need applications submitted to the Department.
• Provide guidance to the Departments Health Facilities Plan Review and Construction staff on new and updated LTC facilities pursuant to applicable law and rule.
• Review reports of inspection conducted by the Departments Health Facilities Plan Review and Construction Division for all LTC facility types licensed in the Department and construct letters to transmitting reports to owners and/or architectures regarding the status and result of inspections.
• Review correspondence that does not have a deadline set in rule or regulation, and prepare response use guidelines established for writing and formatting correspondence within 30 days or receipt.
• Review and process license applications to Adult Day Care, Residential Care and Nursing Homes within 30 days of receipt.
• Review license applications for assisted living and continuum of care centers within 30 days or less after application or required filings for changes in the information originally reported in the license application, is received/date stamped and provide for review/signature to supervisor to provide for compliance with required decision deadlines at OAC 663:23-1, 23-3, and 27-2.
• Construct the following letters for correspondence with facilities: Incomplete letters, opportunity to show compliance letters, notice of noncompliance letters, notice of violation letters, legal referrals for notice of violation, notice of closure letters, contract amendment letters, notice of change letters, advisory letters concerning certificate of need, residential agreement/contract letters
• Assist in data and information collection for professional presentations and reports to include monthly data for 'The Notice' and the Psychiatric Occupancy Report, Outstanding Certificate of Need Projects within one day of receipt of request.
• Provide training and supervision of newly hired staff in Health Facility Systems on administrative duties pursuant to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and review and investigation of long term care applications submitted for processing pursuant to applicable law and rule.
• Responsible for the review, edit, and update of Oklahoma Administrative Codes (OAC) rules concerning long term care facility licensure and other duties as assigned.
This is the career level where incumbents will be expected to perform assigned duties at all levels of complexity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of federal and state laws and administrative regulations pertaining to comprehensive health planning; of standard social science statistical and research methods; of common planning techniques; and of socioeconomic factors affecting the development of health trade areas and health service systems. Ability is required to explain health care system operations, both orally and in writing; and to recognize health care organization’s interests.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor's degree in a social science, business or public administration, health care administration, health planning or statistics and one year of professional experience in health planning.
Master's degree preferred with three years of qualifying experience with a background in legal writing and terminology.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.