CAPIP Undergraduate Internship
|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||8/12/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/1/2021 12:03:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
All students interested in internships must have received prior notification of eligible intern status in order to apply for internship vacancies. If you have not received prior eligibility approval as an Undergraduate Intern, please complete the initial CAPIP application here before applying for this vacancy.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking an Network/IT Operations Intern for the Infrastructure and Operations service tower. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. The hourly rate for this position is up to $15.00 per hour, based on education and experience.
The purpose of this position is to assist the Network and Infrastructure team in providing network services and solutions to partner agencies within the State of Oklahoma. This intern will be exposed to a variety of IT operations, networking tasks and procedures, and delivering outstanding customer service to agencies within the State of Oklahoma.
• An Intern with the Infrastructure and Operations tower will assist in the following under the supervision of a senior OMES employee:
o Installing and configuring networking equipment.
o Perform network analysis and enterprise network monitoring.
o Screen help desk requests for appropriate routing.
o Upgrade and patch network equipment.
o Troubleshoot connectivity issues.
o Update technical documentation to OMES standards.
o Participate in project related activities such as meeting attendance, reporting and communication with the OMES Project Management team.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the workday. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Ability to occasionally lift paper and office supplies. Occasional travel may be required.
• Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
• Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in undergraduate coursework
Preference will be given to candidates who possess
• At least 30 hours of coursework completed
• Ability to use Microsoft Office/Microsoft 365 products
• Knowledge and support of OMES mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and code of ethical behavior.
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing work demands and work with accuracy under pressure.
• Skills in customer service and verbal and written communication.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.