CAPIP Undergraduate Internship
|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||8/12/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/13/2021 10:38:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
All students interested in internships must have received prior notification of eligible intern status in order to apply for internship vacancies. If you have not received prior eligibility approval as an Undergraduate Intern, please complete the initial CAPIP application here before applying for this vacancy.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking an Cyber Security Intern for the Oklahoma Cyber Command service tower. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. The hourly rate for this position is up to $15.00 per hour, based on education and experience.
The purpose of this position is to expose the intern to the State of Oklahoma’s cybersecurity best practices and standard operating procedures. The intern will work with a variety of Cyber Security functions and focus on cultivating understanding and application of the practices and principles of cyber security for the partner agencies within the State of Oklahoma.
• An Intern with the Administration tower will assist in the following under the supervision of a senior OMES employee:
o Deployment and upkeep of the information security department’s website content.
o Assist with applications/tools including but not limited to SMG, IPS, SIEM, TIP, Encryption, PAM, MFA/SSO, etc.
o Conduct information gathering sessions. Take detailed notes, analyze data, create flowcharts/documentation, and create final reports in various formats.
o Provide daily support for all areas of Oklahoma Cyber Command to include compliance, privacy, defense, Cyber Command operations, HIRT, and OK-ISAC.
o Assist the Cyber Security team with daily operational needs.
o Assist in establishing a statewide culture for cyber security.
o Must maintain confidentiality.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the workday. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Ability to occasionally lift paper and office supplies. Occasional travel may be required.
• Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or related field.
• Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in undergraduate coursework
Preference will be given to candidates who possess
• At least 30 hours of coursework completed
• Ability to use Microsoft Office/Microsoft 365 products
• Knowledge and support of OMES mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and code of ethical behavior.
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing work demands and work with accuracy under pressure.
• Skills in customer service and verbal and written communication.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|