CAPIP Undergraduate Internship
|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||8/12/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/10/2021 12:39:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
All students interested in internships must have received prior notification of eligible intern status in order to apply for internship vacancies. If you have not received prior eligibility approval as an Undergraduate Intern, please complete the initial CAPIP application here before applying for this vacancy.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking an Application Development Intern for the Application Development and Data Driven Services service tower. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. The hourly rate for this position is up to $15.00 per hour, based on education and experience.
The purpose of this position is to assist the Application Development team in modernizing the State of Oklahoma’s platforms. This intern will be exposed to a variety of application development functions with a focus on modernizing the State’s existing technology and researching and implementing solutions to hurdles that face the organization.
• An Intern with the Application Development tower will assist in the following under the supervision of a senior OMES employee:
o Review code and pair program with developers
o Participate in and hold information gathering sessions about Customer needs
o Provide input and insight into website design
o Practice building cloud architecture in training areas
o Attend Web Development, Cloud Computing, Application Development, and/or agile methodology classes
o Attend daily standups
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the workday. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Ability to occasionally lift paper and office supplies. Occasional travel may be required.
• Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT Operations, or related field.
• Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in undergraduate coursework
Preference will be given to candidates who possess
• At least 30 hours of coursework completed
• Ability to use Microsoft Office/Microsoft 365 products
• Knowledge and support of OMES mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and code of ethical behavior.
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing work demands and work with accuracy under pressure.
• Skills in customer service and verbal and written communication.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.