|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||8/9/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $41,210 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Administrative Assistant providing support to the Maternal & Child Health Services. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is up to $41,210 based on education and experience. Duties include, but are not limited to: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position is responsible for providing administrative support for Perinatal and Reproductive Health and Child and Adolescent Health Divisions. Responsibilities include direct administrative support for the Perinatal and Reproductive Health and the Child and Adolescent Health Administrative Program Managers for day-to-day oversight of work schedules and of support staff to assure continuous and timely flow of work assignments.
• Train other administrative staff
• Assign projects to staff as needed
• Edit and revise grant documents, manuals, correspondence, and protocols
• Initiate correspondence requiring knowledge of agency or program procedures and policies
• Develop and maintain confidential or complex files
• Interpret and advise internal and external customers on departmental or program rules, regulations, and laws
• Prepare invoices and payments of claims, requisitions, purchase orders and other fiscal duties
• Represent Perinatal & Reproductive Health Administrative Program Manager or Perinatal and Reproductive Health Division at meetings or conferences
• Represent Child and Adolescent Health Administrative Program Manager or Child and Adolescent Health Division at meetings or conferences
• Interview callers, arrange appointments, and handle office details
• Enter and retrieve information via computer or online databases; review data and make routine corrections
• Coordinate PRH and CAH activities both internal and external to the Division
• Provide oversight and coordination of purchases, contract development, contract monitoring, grant preparation, and budget issues with the Division Administrative Program Managers
• Coordinate in-state and out-of-state travel
• Provide support for division meetings and projects
knowledge of spelling, punctuation, and business English; of business mathematics; of modern office methods and procedures; of the maintenance of complex records; and of the major policies and procedures governing assigned programs. Ability is required to maintain effective working relationships with others; to handle confidential work; to interpret and handle routine matters in accordance with agency policy; to follow oral and written instructions; and, knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate-controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Must be able to lift 10 to 15 pounds.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Requirements at this level consist of five years of technical clerical office work or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIREMENTS: All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|