CAPIP Senior Undergraduate Internship
|Department||Water Resources Board|
|Date Opened||7/27/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/29/2021 3:06:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
All students interested in internships must have received prior notification of eligible intern status in order to apply for internship vacancies. If you have not received prior eligibility approval as an Senior Undergraduate Intern, please complete the initial CAPIP application here before applying for this vacancy.
The Oklahoma Water Resources Board is seeking to hire a Carl Albert candidate to work in the Administration Division. Selected applicants will assist the OWRB Public Information Manager and Administration Division Manager with various public information duties including media news releases and promotion of agency programs via print, website, and social media.
Salary: $20/hr. Approximately 30 hours/week
Specific Location of Work:
Oklahoma Water Resources Board 3800 North Classen Boulevard Oklahoma City, OK 73118
Description of Work Duties:
Examples of duties that will be performed include, but are not limited to:
• Prepares, edits, and distributes news releases and announcements via email and social media
• Provides weekly updates for agency leadership on relevant news stories and web/social media postings
• Prepares and updates web pages, Powerpoint presentations, agency newsletters, fact sheets, and other promotional materials
• Assists with editing and publishing official reports
• Develops special educational and promotional materials for presentation at exhibits and conferences
• Assists with the planning and coordination of conferences and special events
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Knowledge of English usage, including grammar and composition; of public relations principles and techniques; of accepted styles for materials released to various media; of media sources and their capabilities; of visual graphics and video techniques; of agency's objectives; and of editing techniques and procedures. Ability is required to write and edit; to gather and organize pertinent data; to uphold and practice public relations principles and codes of ethics; to deliver informational presentations; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Knowledge of graphic terminology and techniques; of training principles and practices.
Please apply to the level for which you are qualified.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.