|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||7/26/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/27/2021 4:12:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $37,000.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
This position is time-limited to June 30, 2023.
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Transportation Specialist providing support to providing support to Craig, Delaware, Mayes, Ottawa, Rogers, Wagoner and Washington Counties. This is an unclassified position (PIN#34004065) in state government, location to be determined upon hire. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is up to $37,000.00 based on education and experience. - Drives trucks and buses to transport materials, trash, merchandise, equipment and/or employees; may load and unload truck assisted by others; makes minor mechanical repairs and keeps the truck clean and in good working order; lubricates the moving parts or wearing surfaces of mechanical equipment. Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Physical Demands and Work Environment
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the operation of various types of equipment or machinery in performing various maintenance or construction activities, or in completing other functions involving the use of equipment or machinery.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
The functions performed in this job family will vary by level, unit and organization, but may include the following:
- Supervises and participates in the servicing, upkeep and repair of equipment operated; moves equipment from one job to another this includes knowing all functions of the mobile clinic trailer and working with manufacturer and service staff to ensure good working order or repairs as needed.
- Will assist clinic staff with set up and take down of equipment.
- Ensures the location for set up is stable and appropriate for trailer specifications.
- Will assist with patient flow and operational components of mobile clinic services as it relates to trailer use and patient flow.
- Maintains records on maintenance and works with state/local personnel to schedule service and repair needs for the trailer, cars, trucks and vans.
- Assists local staff with daily operational support needs as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of the operation and maintenance of light power equipment. Skill is required to operate equipment. Ability is required to follow oral and written instructions.
Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching. Ability to physically stand for several hours with good mobility (for reaching into vehicles). Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position. Work includes duties performed outdoors in varying temperatures and conditions. A valid driver’s license is required. Use of N-95 respirator is required.
- Drives trucks and buses to transport materials, trash, merchandise, equipment and/or employees; may load and unload truck assisted by others; makes minor mechanical repairs and keeps the truck clean and in good working order; lubricates the moving parts or wearing surfaces of mechanical equipment.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Physical Demands and Work Environment
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.