|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||7/15/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $45,422.00 based on education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries. Position Description: Duties include, but are not limited to: Physical Demands and Work Environment
OSDH is seeking a full-time Child-Development Specialist II providing support to the Creek Health Department. This is an unclassified position (PIN#34004109) in state government, located in Sapulpa, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is up to $45,422.00 based on education and experience
Position will be assigned responsibilities involving professional work with a high degree of flexibility in providing individual and family services to increase parenting skills and enhance the developmental potential of young children and/or children with developmental and acquired disabilities. This includes assessing development in young children; developing and implementing public health prevention programs for parents and young children to enhance their opportunities for cognitive, personal-social, language, and motor development; and serving as a member of a multidisciplinary team to monitor the effectiveness of child development services.
• Conducts groups and workshops to educate parents in the area of child development through materials and curricula developed for this purpose.
• Provides developmental assessments of children birth through kindergarten-age; teach parents ways to enhance their child’s developmental potential.
• Keeps confidential records and writes reports essential to this work.
• Assists in the selection, preparation, and distribution of materials on child development which will further the purpose of this program.
• Provides in-service training in the areas of child development and parenting to staff at Head Starts, day care, preschool programs, or other programs as necessary.
• Counsel’s individuals and families on topics related to parenting and child development.
• Recruits clients for child development programs through contracts with community organizations such as public health clinics, hospitals, child care centers, civic organizations, pediatricians and the news media.
• Collaborates with other community agencies as well as plans and conducts community wide efforts to promote the health, development, and behavioral well-being of young children and families.
• Participates as a member of a multidisciplinary/transdisciplinary team by staffing individual cases and groups and in developing treatment plans or Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) pertaining to child development.
• Supervises the work of subordinate staff.
• Provide services to children and families in the child’s natural environment or the environment determined most appropriate by the child’s early intervention team.
• Initiate and implement steps necessary for smooth transition services from the early intervention program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of the principles, practices and ethics of parent education, early childhood education, or early childhood special education; of training and instructional techniques and their application; of the use of materials and curricula used in parenting education, early childhood education, or early childhood special education programs; of typical and atypical child development from birth through adolescence; of the skills and techniques for child care and guidance; and of community resources for children and their parents.
This position is set in an office environment. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach. Must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of completion of a master’s degree in child development, early childhood education, early childhood special education, developmental psychology, or family relations/child development or a master’s degree in special education with a minimum of 18 graduate, post graduate, or upper level hours (300 or above) in any of the following areas: typical and atypical infant and toddler development, parent-child relations, positive guidance/discipline strategies with young children, family systems, family relationships, assessment/evaluation, working with parents of exceptional infants and toddlers, and developmentally and individually appropriate early childhood curriculum and instructional practices; plus one year of post-master’s experience working in the area of child development, early childhood education, or early childhood special education, and eligible for certification as a Child and Parenting Specialist (CCPS) through the Oklahoma Family Resource Coalition (OFRC). Note: If certification is not held at time of employment, it must be achieved within 12 months of accepting the position.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|