|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||7/15/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries. It may also include responsibility for maintaining various records, preparing correspondence or other materials, and similar activities. Position Responsibilities: Knowledge, Skills and Experience: Physical Demands and Work Environment:
OSDH is seeking a full time Health Educator providing support to Immunization Services. This is an unclassified position (PIN#34001457) in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
This position is time-limited to June 30, 2024.
The purpose of this position is to provide and coordinate marketing and communications support for Immunization Service. This may include developing and executing marketing plans; writing content for social media, website, and newsletters; overseeing production of program fliers, graphics and other marketing material; updating organization website; creating online advertisements; conducting market research; and similar duties and responsibilities.
• Conducts needs assessments at the individual, organizational, and community levels to determine appropriate theoretical basis from which to initiate programmatic and strategic planning.
• Conducts programmatic and strategic planning with stakeholders in regard to health issues and infrastructure development.
• Assists in the development of grant related documents and proposals.
• Establishes and maintains partnerships with agencies, communities, or organizations in determining the need for specialized health education programs and the planning, implementation, and evaluation of such programs; this includes strategic planning, the use of logic models, development of performance measures, and specific application of health behavior theory.
• Develop marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels and target audiences
• Execute marketing and communications strategies aimed to increase immunization rates across Oklahoma
• Manage allocated budget and be a good steward of federal and state funding
• Analyze current outreach campaigns for weaknesses and develop solutions within budget constraints
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Strong communication, analytical, and project management skills. Knowledge of digital and traditional advertising channels. Ability to plan and execute projects from inception to evaluation. Self-motivation, positive attitude, and willingness to learn.
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Occasional travel required.
It may also include responsibility for maintaining various records, preparing correspondence or other materials, and similar activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Education and experience requirements consist of a bachelor’s degree in Health Education, Health Promotion, Community Health, School Health Education, Health Studies, Nutrition, Health Behavior, Public Health, Business or Marketing with 2 years’ experience.
• Developing marketing plans and campaigns (case studies and portfolio is a plus)
• Knowledge of social media platforms, PPC/Digital Advertising and Google Ads, Retargeting/Remarketing, Display, and Rich Media/Video Advertising
• Strong storytelling/copywriting/copyediting skills.
Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign as well as graphic design platforms such as Canva.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|