|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||7/15/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/5/2021 1:49:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
OFFICE OF FEDERAL PROGRAMS, OLIVER HODGE BUILDING, OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA
The Oklahoma State Department of Education (OSDE) is the primary agency charged with overseeing K-12 public education in Oklahoma. We work directly with the state’s 500+ school districts and the legislature to ensure that Oklahoma students receive the quality education they deserve. If you are looking for a rewarding career that positively affects the lives of children, you are in the right place! For more about OSDE please visit our website at www.sde.ok.gov
Under general direction, perform professional and administrative work related to educational programs supported with federal funds.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Proof of high school graduation or GED.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• One year of college, business school or business/office-related vocational;
• Experience and knowledge of federal grant programs.
• Knowledge of federal regulations, grant administration rules, policies and procedures, grant awards and allocation processes;
• Ability to analyze grant proposals; to manage budgets in accordance with applicable principles; ability to plan and execute work;
• Knowledge of technology skills applying software tools in managing grants and developing online reports;
• Ability to communicate effectively; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, public school administrators, and the public in general; to present facts clearly and concisely;
• Applicants must be willing and able to perform necessary job-related travel.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Provide guidance and assistance to school district personnel as they submit applications and expenditure reports, revisions and required reports; provide support in managing the grant tools available on the web based grants management system;
• Ensure grantee compliance with the terms and conditions of the grant award;
• Interface effectively with district grant managers, program specialists, claims specialists and application software developers;
• Suggest recommendations for improvement of administrative and management procedures and processes relative to grants programs;
• Participate in conferences, meetings, and training sessions;
• Perform computer literacy work;
• Perform other related work as required and assigned.
Less than 20% travel required.
General office setting
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this position
O (Occasionally) - Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Position requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5 hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Physical Demands Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Stand F Reach Over Shoulder O 10 lbs or less F
Walk F Speak F 11-20 lbs F
Sit F Climb O 21-50 lbs O
Listen F Crawl O 51-100 lbs N
Grasp O Squat or Kneel O Over 100 lbs N
Reach Outward O Bend O
Generous benefit allowance in addition to salary to off-set insurance costs
More information at https://www.ebd.ok.gov
11 Paid Holidays
15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS) participation with all contributions paid by the employer
More information at https://www.ok.gov/TRS
Employee Assistance Program
Longevity Bonus for years of service
The Oklahoma Department of Education provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OSDE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description has been reviewed and approved by the Hiring Manager. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.