|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||7/13/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Up to $44,000.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Health Educator II providing support to Beaver, Custer, Harper, Texas, Woods and Woodward County Health Departments. Duty station to be determined at hire. This is an unclassified position located Oklahoma in state government. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is up to $44,000.00 based on education and experience.
The primary purpose of this position is to be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating health education program such as; serving as a team leader or lead worker on specific projects, programs, or activities and improving health outcomes.
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Conducts needs assessments at the individual, organizational, and community levels to determine appropriate theoretical basis from which to initiate programmatic and strategic planning.
• Conducts programmatic and strategic planning with stakeholders in regard to health issues and infrastructure development.
• Implements and/or monitors the implementation of evidence based health education curricula and health promotion programs with an emphasis on program completeness, fidelity, and evaluation.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of health education/promotion programs and makes necessary changes.
• Assists in the development of grant related documents and proposals.
• Establishes and maintains partnerships with agencies, communities, or organizations in determining the need for specialized health education programs and the planning, implementation, and evaluation of such programs; this includes strategic planning, the use of logic models, development of performance measures, and specific application of health behavior theory.
• Prepares and delivers public presentations for selected audiences.
• Other duties as assigned
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Travel is required.
Requirements at this level consist of a bachelor’s degree in Health Education, Health Promotion, Community Health, School Health Education, Health Studies, Nutrition, Health Behavior, Public Health, or Nursing PLUS one year of experience in public health education or community development.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|