|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||7/2/2021 1:10:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
CONSUMER RECOVERY SPECIALIST, 4981
About the Position:
• Under the supervision of a licensed mental health professional or registered nurse this position works as a part of the treatment team by developing and maintaining a supportive relationship with consumers in order to address strengths, goals and barriers to recovery. This includes performing duties such as providing direct care to consumers of behavioral health treatment in an inpatient, outpatient or residential care setting, monitoring recovery progress toward treatment goals, de-escalation activities, participation in recovery, wellness and social skills groups, and developing and managing other group activities.
• Open/Close dates: 7/1/2021 – Until filled
• Annual Salary is $27,500 +
• $0.43/hr shift differentials when working evening or nights and $0.75/hr weekends
• Primary Working Hours are: 6:30am-3:00pm; 2:30pm-11:00pm; 10:45pm-6:45am
• FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Associate Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting two years of relevant experience for the required education.
• Applicant must be able to pass an OSBI background check.
• Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill any job-related travel normally associated with this position and as such have a valid driver’s license.
• Upon a conditional offer of employment, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services applicants must submit to a physical examination and shall meet the physical examination requirements of occasionally lifting/carrying 50 pounds and able to push and pull a maximum force of 25 pounds.
ODMHSAS is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to support our employees and their dependents. Our benefits include:
• Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums
• A wide choice of health insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations
• Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses or dependent care
• Employee assistance programs and health and fitness programs
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
• Student Loan repayment options
• Training opportunities for CEU requirements
About us: The Oklahoma Forensic Center in Northeast Oklahoma is the largest behavioral health facility in the ODMHSAS system. We employ around 260 individuals and house approximately 200 consumers whom have been found incompetent for adjudication or adjudicated as Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity.
Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment and Pre-placement Testing: Upon a conditional offer of employment, applicants for safety sensitive positions shall be required to submit to urinalysis to test for drugs. Appointment to a safety sensitive position shall be contingent upon a negative drug test result.
THIS AGENCY REQUIRES COVERAGE 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS PER WEEK. WORK HOURS AND LOCATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON BUSINESS NECESSITY. EMPLOYEES MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK WEEKENDS AND OVERTIME.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.