|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||6/21/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/31/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Salary is $26.83 per hour $2.88 shift differential|
|Full or Part Time||
Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs
Norman Veterans Center/ Human Resources
1776 E Robinson Street
Norman, OK 73070
The Norman Veterans Center is accepting applications for temporary RNs
Assigned responsibilities for providing direct or indirect professional nursing services in a variety of settings. This includes providing nursing assessments, planning, interventions, evaluations, health related education, case management, and execution of the medical regime including administering medications and treatments prescribed by any person authorized to prescribe by state law.
• Assesses health status of individuals, families, and communities; develops plans and
implements appropriate nursing interventions.
• Evaluates and determines health resources necessary to meet individual, family and
community health needs.
• Delivers professional nursing care in an assigned unit, clinic, home, or other setting.
• Educates individuals, families, communities, and members of the health care team about the
principles of disease prevention and health promotion.
• Provides supervision to other professional or paraprofessional personnel; collaborates with
other professionals in the management of health care.
• Delegates tasks as may safely be performed by others, consistent with educational preparation
and that do not conflict with the provisions of the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act.
• Assures quality health care through use of various measures such as record review, peer review,
direct observation, and assessment of individual, family, and community for the desired outcome.
• Performs specialized nursing functions as educationally prepared.
Salary is $26.83 per hour $2.88 shift differential for 3-11 and 11-7 shifts / Applicants will not be able to work more than 28 hours per week
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.