|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||6/21/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Salary is $20.60 per hour $1.44 shift differential|
|Full or Part Time||
Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs
Norman Veterans Center/ Human Resources
1776 E Robinson Street
Norman, OK 73070
The Norman Veterans Center is accepting applications for temporary LPNs
Assigned responsibilities for performing technical direct and indirect nursing care in a clinical, hospital, institutional, or home setting for individuals under the supervision or direction of a registered nurse, licensed physician or dentist. This includes taking temperatures, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, and various other technical nursing tasks in providing health care to patients and others.
• Performs nursing procedures or specialized functions in accordance with knowledge, skills,
• Participates in the evaluation of responses to interventions.
• Teaches basic nursing skills and related principles. Delegates nursing care tasks such as:
pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, giving enemas, douches, and sitz baths, collecting
specimens, and measuring intake and output.
• Assists in assessing, reporting, and recording health status of patients, families, and groups in
a variety of settings.
• Participates in developing and implementing appropriate aspects of a plan of care.
• Administers medications as ordered.
• Reports appropriate patient information to supervisor or appropriate health team member.
• Serves as Charge Nurse on a unit, supervising staff performing medication administration
and patient care.
Salary is $20.60 per hour $1.44 shift differential for 3-11 and 11-7 shifts / Applicants will not be able to work more than 28 hours per week
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.