|Department||Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training|
|Date Opened||6/4/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Under general supervision, instructs basic law enforcement academy and specialized continuing education courses in various topics at the Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training facility in Ada, OK.
Description of Tasks:
• Coordinates, facilitates, and instructs various subjects in law enforcement basic academies, advanced, and specialized continuing education courses.
• Develops course outlines and reference materials for various courses of instruction in basic, advanced, and specialized law enforcement schools.
• Assists in developing, writing, and modifying curriculum for training programs within the state.
• Completes other job-related tasks as prescribed by Academy Coordinator, Assistant Director, or Executive Director.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Prospective applicants with CLEET Instructor certification in skills areas, such as Law Enforcement Driver Training, Custody Control/Defensive Tactics, and/or Firearms, will receive special consideration.
• Must possess knowledge of classroom teaching techniques, use of classroom equipment, and be knowledgeable in various aspects of law enforcement training.
• Skilled in conducting several projects simultaneously, in establishing, and maintaining satisfactory and effective working relationships with others, and in organizing and presenting facts and opinions clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of four years’ experience in law enforcement.
• At least two years’ experience as an Instructor.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required, in a Criminal Justice field.
Defensive Tactics Instructor certification or Firearms Instructor certification preferred.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|