|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||5/5/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
Apply at: https://odmhsas.applytojob.com/apply/DYPj4hzrIK/Physician-Assistant
PHYSICIAN’S ASSISTANT, 2025
About us: The Oklahoma Forensic Center in Northeast Oklahoma is the largest inpatient behavioral health facility in the ODMHSAS system. We employ around 260 individuals and house approximately 200 consumers whom have been found incompetent for adjudication or adjudicated as Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity.
About the Position: Under the direct supervision of a licensed physician, aids in the diagnosis and prevention of diseases which includes mental illnesses; supervise, monitor and modify treatment and discharge planning, as authorized. Acts as the direct representative of the physician of the physician in conjoint efforts; acts as clinical supervisor of a major institution and serves as health administrator in the administrator’s absence. Supervise implementation of treatment planning.
• 5/5/2021 – Until filled
• 1 Vacancy
• Annual Salary is $94,000+
• Primary Working Hours are 8:00am-4:30pm
• FLSA Status: Exempt
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Certification as a physicians’ assistant by the Oklahoma State Board of Medical Examiners and national certification as a Physician’s Assistant by the National Commission for Certification of Physicians’ Assistant.
• Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill any job-related travel normally associated with this position and as such have a valid driver’s license.
• Applicants must be able to pass an OSBI background check.
ODMHSAS is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to support our employees and their dependents. Our benefits include:
• Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums
• A wide choice of health insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations
• Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses or dependent care
• Employee assistance programs and health and fitness programs
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
• Student Loan repayment options
• Training opportunities for CEU requirements
Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment and Pre-placement Testing: Upon a conditional offer of employment, applicants for safety sensitive positions shall be required to submit to urinalysis to test for drugs. Appointment to a safety sensitive position shall be contingent upon a negative drug test result.
THIS AGENCY REQUIRES COVERAGE 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS PER WEEK. WORK HOURS AND LOCATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON BUSINESS NECESSITY. EMPLOYEES MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK WEEKENDS AND OVERTIME.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.