|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||4/14/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Salary: $28,200+/ $0.43/hr shift differentials working evening or nights & $0.75/hr weekends.|
|Full or Part Time||
Forensic Officer I
The Oklahoma Forensic Center in Northeast Oklahoma is the largest inpatient behavioral health facility in the ODMHSAS system. We employ around 260 individuals and house approximately 200 consumers whom have been found incompetent or adjudication or adjudicated as Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity.
About the Position:
Responsible for performing security/safety duties for a 24 hour x 365 days facility covering employees, clients, visitors, building and grounds. In addition, to serving as relief dispatcher responsible for notifying and directing staff and outside entities during emergencies and natural disasters, assisting the clients family member, the public, and other outside entities via phone or in person, etc.
• 4/14/2021 – 6/30/2021
• Annual Salary is $28,200+
• $0.43/hr shift differentials when working evening or nights and $0.75/hr weekend differential.
• Primary Working Hours are 6:30am-3:00pm; 3:00pm-11:00pm; 11:00pm – 7:00am
• FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• High school diploma and completion of a mental health based security course within first six months of employment. Minimum age requirement of 21.
• Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill any job-related travel normally associated with this position and as such have a valid driver’s license.
• Upon a conditional offer of employment, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services applicants must submit to a physical examination and shall meet the physical examination requirements of occasionally lifting/carrying 60 pounds and able to push and pull a maximum force of 30 pounds.
• Applicant must be able to pass an OSBI background check.
ODMHSAS is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to support our employees and their dependents. Our benefits include:
• Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums
• A wide choice of health insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations
• Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses or dependent care
• Employee assistance programs and health and fitness programs
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
• Student Loan repayment options
• Training opportunities for CEU requirements
Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment and Pre-placement Testing: Upon a conditional offer of employment, applicants for safety sensitive positions shall be required to submit to urinalysis to test for drugs. Appointment to a safety sensitive position shall be contingent upon a negative drug test result.
THIS AGENCY REQUIRES COVERAGE 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS PER WEEK. WORK HOURS AND LOCATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON BUSINESS NECESSITY. EMPLOYEES MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK WEEKENDS AND OVERTIME.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.