Tenkiller State Park in Vian, OK.
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||4/13/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/27/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,000, plus benefits.|
|Full or Part Time||
To apply for this position, email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job title and location that you are applying for with Tourism.
Resumes will be accepted until April 27, 2021 at 5PM.
Front Office Supervisor
The Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department’s (OTRD) mission is to advance the exceptional quality of life in Oklahoma by preserving, maintaining, and promoting our natural assets and cultural amenities.
OTRD is seeking a full-time unclassified Front Office Supervisor to provide state park information to potential visitors at Tenkiller State Park in Vian, OK. OTRD offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. The annual salary for this position is $32,000.
Under general supervision, incumbent provides information about Oklahoma parks, lodges, golf courses, festivals and special events and performs other related activities such as greeting and assisting visitors.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
• Responds to requests for informational materials; researches and fills requests for those requesting such materials and information; ensures an adequate inventory of materials concerning the service.
• Greets guests, assist with reservations, and housing lists.
• Receives guests or visitors; answers telephone calls; secures and provides requested information; provides services; or directs the request to those who can provide the customer with the information or services.
• Receives requests for information and services and provides such services using advanced technological equipment.
• Conducts tours, schedules programs and group tours.
• Performs related work as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Must possess excellent customer service skills, be able to satisfactorily deal with the public (both in person and over the phone) and resolve minor complaints. Computer skills and knowledge of office procedures is required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Two years of experience in public contact work, or in a customer service-related field; or general office clerical work; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.