A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time Security Analyst for the Information Services Division. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $65,000, based on education and experience.
This position is a key, client-focused role responsible supporting our Oklahoma CyberCommand program. Oklahoma CyberCommand Security Analysts should be passionate about customer service, incident response, intelligence and forensics as well as eager to make a difference in the cybersecurity industry. This position will be charged to identify security incidents, review requests for exceptions from security standards and make appropriate recommendations, work directly with State of Oklahoma staff members to educate and enforce security standards and support law enforcement and State/Homeland security endeavors.
• Proactively identify and address security issues that threaten State information assets.
• Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
• Evaluate security plans to ensure the integrity of new and/or existing business operations.
• Coordinate requests from agency-personnel related to security issues and questions.
• Utilize threat intelligence platforms, intrusion detection/prevention systems and deceptive technologies to identify vulnerabilities, attack patterns and signatures.
• Detect and prevent intrusions, exfiltration’s, and/or denial of service incidents.
• Respond to information security incidents to comply with statewide information security policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Support incident response and investigation, reporting to the appropriate authorities utilizing forensic best practices.
• Perform security audits and produce results for agency administration, upper level management, and wide distribution.
• Collect, analyze, synthesize and share intelligence briefs.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the workday. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required. Due to the nature of incident response and investigative work, this position will be expected to be responsive outside normal office hours and will require some nights/weekends.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or four years of information security experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting 12 semester hours in computer science or management information systems course work for each year of the required experience.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.