|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||4/12/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/22/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $32,185.00, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking full time Laboratory Technician I providing support to Public Health Laboratory. These are unclassified positions (.4031-.4036) in state government, located in Stillwater, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $32,185.00, based on education and experience.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for supporting laboratory operations, performing maintenance functions and completing non-technical routine laboratory tests and procedures under the direction of professional staff.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Perform laboratory tests of varying complexity using standard procedures on human, animal or The functions within this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Accessions specimens received by opening, separating, numbering and arranging specimens for laboratory examination.
• Scans in all barcoded samples and verifies consistent patient information.
• Enters results from laboratory, or from reference laboratory, for final review by lab director.
• Sets up and operates laboratory equipment in preparation for specimen examinations.
• Maintains simple laboratory records and inventory for supplies and reagents.
• Maintains laboratory equipment and supplies by cleaning and maintaining quality assurance records.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work area in accordance with standard laboratory practice and procedures.
• Performs routine laboratory procedures such as preparation of media and basic preparation of slides and smears.
• Conducts non-technical routine laboratory tests and procedures under the direction of professional staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must perform at a high attention to detail.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
Education and Experience
Requirements at this level are none.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Required at this level include ability to understand and follow simple oral and written directions; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; and to operate laboratory equipment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position is set in a laboratory environment. While performing the required duties for this position one must be able to lift forty pounds and stand for long periods of time as well working with infectious or hazardous material. Medical evaluation for respiratory fitness is an Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirement for all persons required to wear a respirator to perform their job duties.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.