|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||4/12/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$51,000.00 annual salary|
|Full or Part Time||
$51,000.00 annual salary
Typically M-F 8am-430pm ((but may work some weekends to cover resident visits)
Department of Veterans Affairs
Positions in this classification are assigned responsibilities involving the direction or supervision of the Social Services Program for an Oklahoma Veterans Center having responsibility for the program area and will perform all essential functions related to the position.
The functions vary, but may include the following:
• Manages a major agency unit, section, division or program (Social Services); directs or supervises staff in the completion of assigned functions and activities.
• Develops and recommends policies, rules and regulations which pertain to the administration of assigned programs consistent with federal and state laws; participates in program analysis, including the analysis of problems and needed services.
• Directs studies of needs; reviews and analyzes information from studies and projects for immediate and long-range program development; advises subordinate program staff and other interested groups of the proper interpretation and application of agency rules and policies.
• Reviews periodic staff reports, administrative audits, program activities and other information to evaluate program effectiveness and quality of services; develops controls to assure accountability for program operation, policy implementation and the maintenance of efficiency in various units.
• Develops and maintains sound personnel policies and practices; participates in the selection of persons for educational scholarships; directs staff training programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Required include knowledge of principles and practices of social work: of current social and health problems; of the principles of family health and psychosocial aspects of human relations; of community, state and national health and welfare resources; of psychosocial terminology; of the principles of interviewing; of social assistance requirements; and of psychosocial treatment techniques. Ability is required to establish and maintain effective working relationships; to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and choosing an appropriate course of action; to make decisions; and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Requirements consists of a bachelor's degree from a school accredited by the Council of Social Work Education (Note: A master's degree social worker with experience in long-term care is preferred), and a current social work license from the State of Oklahoma Licensed Social Workers Board, and a minimum of three years of supervised social work experience in a health care setting working directly with individuals, plus at least two years of professional supervisory, managerial, consultative or administrative experience in social services or guidance/counseling services.
Oklahoma Dept. of Veterans Affairs Unclassified Code: 8120
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|