The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
The OMES-IS Enterprise Program Office Center of Excellence Team is looking for an experienced Project Manager for the Information Services Division to ensure end-to-end management and completion of agency and operational excellence projects to the highest possible standards in service to the citizens of Oklahoma. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $85,000, based on education and experience.
OMES-IS Enterprise Program Office Center of Excellence is a growing team providing excellence in IT services to Oklahoma State Agencies serving the great citizens of Oklahoma. This is all made possible through collaboration with a wide variety of best in class IT service teams, with a complex and ever-changing set of platform technologies, and support channels. We support and enable the individuals and state agencies that provide critical services to families and citizens of Oklahoma. If you are a servant leader, dedicated to making positive and innovative changes that improve services for your community, and are a strong communicator with a wide array of project/program management experience, we look forward to talking with you!
The ideal candidate has experience in leading enterprise level, large scale IT programs. The primary responsibilities of the successful candidate include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide best in class service
• Excellent, clear, and concise communications
• Plan, organize, and direct all operations and activities of the management information services program
• Develop, evaluate, and manage staff
• Serves as the liaison for an agency or service team for program management, including prioritization and resource leveling
• Ensures program projects are completed according to agency specifications, on time, on budget, and are properly documented
• Blend business and technical skills, assess, and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate issues and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs with the technical constraints.
The Successful Candidate:
• This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, organization, and communication skills. Candidates should have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets; as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection.
• The successful candidate will have a customer focus, a diverse work experience, and a business curiosity/strategic viewpoint. The candidate will have an attention to detail, excellent analytical skills, good judgment, strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to self-start and self-motivate.
• The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously whilst being comfortable with ambiguity and having an ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing environment
• It is critical that the candidate has a proven track record of earning trust, taking ownership, and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Excellent leadership principles.
• Experience communicating with senior management (Director/VP-level decision-makers).
• Build financial models and analysis to assess operational impact of project(s)
Preference will be given to candidates who possess
• Utilize knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma to lead cross-functional process improvement projects
• Project/Program management certification (PMP, CAPM, CSM, etc)
• Six + years of experience in a Program Management, Project Management, or IT Management position.