A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time IT Program Manager for the Information Services Division. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $90,000.00, based on education and experience.
This position will provide program and project management support to state agencies for critical enterprise projects and initiatives. The position will have responsibility for the direction of an information technology program, with strong attention to strategy, budget, implementation, and operational excellence.
• Plan, organize and direct all operations and activities of the management information services program
• Monitor progress of operational activities of a service program area
• Develop, evaluate and manage staff
• Conducting analysis to identify opportunities, highlight strengths and provide recommended corrective actions
• Detailed business process optimization and design
• Invent new ways to define and measure program effectiveness and organizational productivity
• Root cause analysis and presentation of recommendations
• Acting as the SME for multiple functional areas and delivering training in these areas
• Demonstrated ability to understand and deep-dive into Risk Management and Program governance
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels, including senior leadership
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
• Independent thinker capable of operating within ambiguously defined structures with a bias for delivering tangible results
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Able to navigate ambiguous situations, identify and solve for blockers with minimal guidance, know how to influence, build cross-organizational partnerships
This position does require supervisory responsibilities leading project managers and support staff.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the work day. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Requirements include seven (7) years of experience in an information technology field, four years of which must be in a supervisory, team lead, or program management capacity; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting 12 semester hours in computer science or management information systems course work for each year of the required experience excluding the required supervisory, lead, and/or program management experience.
• PMP Certification.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.