|Date Opened||4/9/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/3/2021 2:25:00 PM|
|Salary||$12.00 to $15.00/ hr|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit resumes via email to:
#21-15-The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the Communications Division for a Social Media Intern. The hourly rate will be in the range of $12.00 to $15.00. The length of the position is temporary and will last approximately four to six months. This position is open until filled.
Under supervision of the Director of Communications, the Social Media Intern will support the communications staff to develop and implement outreach and promotional campaigns to boost brand engagement and increase followers.
• Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns
• Create and distribute content such as blogs, infographics, videos and press releases on social media and traditional news outlets
• Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas for campaigns for scalability
• Support marketing team as needed
• Assist in research projects for OID
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Problem solving skills with the ability to accept and use feedback and adjust where needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience in communications or marketing, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Upon hire, any applicant who is licensed as a producer/agent, adjuster or is otherwise affiliated with any entity that is regulated by the department must surrender their license and terminate any financial or non-financial affiliation with the entity that is regulated by the department. The selected applicant must pass a background check. Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. For benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state, please use this link to access the Office of Human Capital Management benefits page at https://omes.ok.gov/services/employee-benefits
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.